Radiator Fan Noise

Re: Radiator Fan Noise

I faced the same issue when I bought the car second-hand and was told it is normal. I don't think it showed any error codes as well. However one day while driving into my WS for my regular servicing, the fan was on full blast and the boss heard it. They checked and realised that the radiator flow was choked at the bottom part. They show me the flow after the radiator was removed from the car by running tap water through it and you can clearly see that there were debris etc coming out amidst a weak flow of water. The inefficient flow rate of the radiator was starting to cause my transmission to overheat but luckily there was no major damage to it.

I got the entire radiator replaced and have not had my fan at 'Stage 2' ever since. It was almost a daily occurrence prior to the change.

Hi baby worm , my e90 also have the same problem. Fan went up to stage 2 and very loud...after 1 hr drive or in traffic jam.. Can you pm me WS contacts and the cost for the job. Thanks...btw any more stage 2 fan coming on after you did the repair?please advice thanks.

Hi Ppl,

Sadly the problem still exist till today. WS can't find anything wrong with it and had not change any parts cos they say not necessary to change. Touch wood, so far the drive is still ok except the fan noise that surface after an hour.

Read that some bros here change hose/piping and radiator. Probably that's where the problem lies. Until this problem is resolve, still feel uncomfortable with the drive. Haiz...

Recently ive replaced my radiator assembly, thermostat & all necessary pipings. Some parts looks okie but since already at 97 000 km mileage might as well.

Now, no more activation of my radiator fan (high speed) even hitting a bad jam of 40mins & above. It could be due to aged/faulty thermostat, radiator assembly that causes the system to activate the fan faster.

Conclusion : never trust PML!! As long as no fault code, its as usual answer : "Its normal, BMW are hot" :liar:

Cheers ~~~ :)

Check the 2 coolant temps ?

Check the PH level ?

When was the last time a flush was done ?

Lipp;1098114 said:
Hi Ppl,

Sadly the problem still exist till today. WS can't find anything wrong with it and had not change any parts cos they say not necessary to change. Touch wood, so far the drive is still ok except the fan noise that surface after an hour.

Read that some bros here change hose/piping and radiator. Probably that's where the problem lies. Until this problem is resolve, still feel uncomfortable with the drive. Haiz...

Hi all, May I know how us know ur fan at stage 1,2 or 3..my ws told me my fan might break down soon so got to monitor but I can't exactly hear it while driving, always have to open bonnet when car stop to check if it's working. Any advice?

At high fan speed the noise from front sounds like a high speed vacuum cleaner...

Think u can google on how to test if fan is spoilt or loose... Vaguely recalled it is to turn the fan blades manually when the fan is in off mode... If easy to turn, then gd chance it is going soon...

Hi
Just got my 5 year old 320i and think I'm facing similar. Dealer change a new air con compressor but its still noisy when fan goes above stage 2. Not only that, a can hear a low "gara gara" sound both when I'm inside and outside the car. Does anybody have any idea what is wrong with my car?
Thanks!

Zinkool;1096436 said:
Hi All fellow bros,

I also facing this problems. Been to many workshop, but still couldn't solve my problems. Will go a new ws to try.. will keep you all posted.
:shakehea:

My friend Zinkool, changed themosat, water pump , all piping related hoses,radiator , temperature sensor and flushing of aircon system.went 4 workshop liao still cannot settle the fan issues.

Hmm ..... i don't hear such noise from my experience with toyota, mazda and peugeot. I'm surprised that a BMW makes such noise!!!

Sweechia;1101641 said:
Wonder if I'm driving a MOTOR BOAT!!! :|

Hi all Bros,

I had went to almost 4 workshop and almost get all the things changed except the fan assembly... :chinese: but still come back to the same... Any bros here had solve the problem.

Zinkool;1101738 said:
Hi all Bros,

I had went to almost 4 workshop and almost get all the things changed except the fan assembly... :chinese: but still come back to the same... Any bros here had solve the problem.

What had been changed?

TohTo;1101803 said:
What had been changed?
Bro, I changed radiator, thermostat , water pump, hoses, reservoir, coolant, air con flushing and temperature sensor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back