Radiator Fan Problem??

Samuel

Hi guys,

I've reading the thread posted by fellow forumer franklkk on his problem with his E90 radiator fan and realise that I'm having the same problem, except that I didn't think it was a problem until now. After 30 minute-or-so of driving (or car idle with engine running), the radiator fan will start to sound really loud (seemingly overworked) and my steering wheel will vibrate quite badly. Initially, I thought that it's due to the high operating temperature in our part of the world and shouldn't be too much to worry about. However, after reading franklkk's thread, I'm getting worried.

My car's warranty with PML will end 27 Feb and mileage is currently at 98k. I've arranged to send the car for a thorough inspection before the warranty expires. I'm afraid that PML might not detect this as problem during the checks. Can anyone please advise me on what I should be telling the PML personnel, as I'm a noob at engine parts and all?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Re: Radiator Fan Problem??

Hi, your radiator fan controller is faulty. Ask the PML's guys to replace it for you.

Thanks man. Didn't want to hijack your thread, which is why I started a new thread. Cheers.

Samuel;613890 said:
Thanks man. Didn't want to hijack your thread, which is why I started a new thread. Cheers.

No problem man. Send it to PML to have a complete check. Should be able to find some faults & get them replace for free.

Thanks man, for once I'm hoping for more parts to go kaput. Haha.

hey bros
am having the same problem
the fan is always running at the high speed , and vey loud
have you fix it ?

Not yet man, am sending my car for servicing at PML coming Tuesday. Will keep you posted. Cheers.

Samuel;613817 said:
Hi guys,

I've reading the thread posted by fellow forumer franklkk on his problem with his E90 radiator fan and realise that I'm having the same problem, except that I didn't think it was a problem until now. After 30 minute-or-so of driving (or car idle with engine running), the radiator fan will start to sound really loud (seemingly overworked) and my steering wheel will vibrate quite badly. Initially, I thought that it's due to the high operating temperature in our part of the world and shouldn't be too much to worry about. However, after reading franklkk's thread, I'm getting worried.

My car's warranty with PML will end 27 Feb and mileage is currently at 98k. I've arranged to send the car for a thorough inspection before the warranty expires. I'm afraid that PML might not detect this as problem during the checks. Can anyone please advise me on what I should be telling the PML personnel, as I'm a noob at engine parts and all?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

my first thought is the aux fan started... we do have aux fan right?

I'm having this problem with my e92 also but PML don't seem to know what is wrong? Anyone got it fixed?

Cheers

SM

Mine was replaced during warranty without much hassle. PML initially say no issue but I told them I don't believe. So they checked again and found faulty.

E90koh;652511 said:
Mine was replaced during warranty without much hassle. PML initially say no issue but I told them I don't believe. So they checked again and found faulty.

Mine is also still under warranty, guess I'll have to insist that they replace it. PML claim that there is no problem after their so called testing but after I drove it off from PML and got caught in a peak hour jam near river valley the fan came on at high speed again... I think the only think they did was to wash my car...

PML said "it's like that one". Heh. Not fixed. I also don't know what exactly is the problem. Tiew.

Hi, does anyone know which is the exact part that is faulty?

there isnt any fault. it is normal. THe fan is noisy after you drive for a while, the fan settles down to a lower rpm. THe ambient tempratures here are high and the enginer bay is hot so the fan does startup with higher rpm. If you have very high noise after a cold start then the fan has an issue. If it sounds "quite" in the morning then it is nothing to worry about. It is louder than japanese cars, but remember it is doing its job well i.e bringing down water temp quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back