Radiator reserve tank boiling

Hi guys,

My radiator temperature reaches 120 deg and the reserve radiator tank is boiling. Is this normal? There’s no warning sign displayed ... appreciate if someone could advise please..

Hi guys,

My radiator temperature reaches 120 deg and the reserve radiator tank is boiling. Is this normal? There’s no warning sign displayed ... appreciate if someone could advise please..
No, its not normal. probably the thermostat is faulty and may not have a sensor to feedback that its faulty. or there could be a choke somewhere. Go to any of the site sponsor to take a quick look.

No, its not normal. probably the thermostat is faulty and may not have a sensor to feedback that its faulty. or there could be a choke somewhere. Go to any of the site sponsor to take a quick look.

Noted, thanks for the advise. I just topped up 3L of water. Worried there might be a leak but there’s not sign of water underneath the car..

Noted, thanks for the advise. I just topped up 3L of water. Worried there might be a leak but there’s not sign of water underneath the car..
3L is a lot of missing coolant/water. If there is a leak in the hoses, the loss will be even more, but we can probably rule that out.

Try changing the cap of the coolant container. The seal could be worn and the hot water evaporated from there.

Another way to self diagnose is to fill up the coolant, run the engine hot, park somewhere with engine running and then open the bonnet to observe, if there are hot steam running out from somewhere, it will be the most likely culprit. Good luck.

3L is a lot of missing coolant/water. If there is a leak in the hoses, the loss will be even more, but we can probably rule that out.

Try changing the cap of the coolant container. The seal could be worn and the hot water evaporated from there.

Another way to self diagnose is to fill up the coolant, run the engine hot, park somewhere with engine running and then open the bonnet to observe, if there are hot steam running out from somewhere, it will be the most likely culprit. Good luck.
Great, I will try that. Thanks for the advise.

oh yeah, sometimes leak in hoses can only be observed when the engine is running. Try look under the car when running idle with the air con off as well
Was checking 5mins ago. Didn’t see any steam nor leak but the temperature is at 120deg after a 30mins drive. Have to send to workshop I think..

Most of the time is should be like 97 degrees c. When pushed perhaps 102 when aircon is off as the fan for aircon stops, and never above 107 degrees c for all that I see.
After 8 years my 325 hardly loose any water.
Until my plastic expansion tank exploded at 8 years and 80,000 km. Haha

Boiling? Pressure must be lost somewhere.
120 degrees means thermostat or pump failure or perhaps the temp sensor.
Get it fixed. Bad for engine wear.
I replaced them all at 80000km Hoses too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back