Rattling noise (like loose panel) from someway around the passenger seat

JT39

Hi all,

Has any 318i (2017) driver here experienced the very annoying rattling noise (like loose panel) around the passenger seat? This happens everytime when i drive along rough surfaces or throttling up.

I tried to locate for months but unable to pin-point where. I have removed all loose articles in the vehicle. Confirm not from the passenger compartment, because the noise persisted even after wife held it tightly in close position.

It seems to be from inside the passenger side door. Any smartist who can provide some tips??? :)

Hi all,

Has any 318i (2017) driver here experienced the very annoying rattling noise (like loose panel) around the passenger seat? This happens everytime when i drive along rough surfaces or throttling up.

I tried to locate for months but unable to pin-point where. I have removed all loose articles in the vehicle. Confirm not from the passenger compartment, because the noise persisted even after wife held it tightly in close position.

It seems to be from inside the passenger side door. Any smartist who can provide some tips??? :)
Under warranty go back PML

Hi all,

I had the rattling issue before, it was coming from passenger side, initially thought its from some panels or under the seats. For my case, I finally managed to find the source. It was the exhaust tip not align properly and was knocking against the diffuser and side bumper. It may not be your case but that's one area you can take a look. Good luck!

Last edited:
I had the rattling issue before, it was coming from passenger side, initially thought its from some panels or under the seats. For my case, I finally managed to find the source. It was the exhaust tip not align properly and was knocking against the diffuser and side bumper. It may not be your case but that's one area you can take a look. Good luck!

HUH!...okay exhaust alignment seems to be out of my level. By the way, how did you get it fix? or where?

HUH!...okay exhaust alignment seems to be out of my level. By the way, how did you get it fix? or where?
I had changed the exhaust tips to bigger diameter but not align properly. Went back to the workshop to re-align, so that the exhaust tips have clearances left and right. Problem solved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
logicworldsolutions
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back