Rattling noise

mohankls

Hi fellow forummers...

I'm fairly new here but hv been driving a Beemer for a while. Recently bought a 6 mth old E93 325i. Problem is, there seems to be some kind of rattling vibrations knd of sound coming from the front dash. The issue here -from my (drivers) position, the creaking/rattling sounds seem to be from passenger side. But when someone sits on e passenger side, they feel the sounds are coming from drivers side...!!!

Sent to PML 3 times but they can't catch e prob at all. In fact, they tried insulating the dash panels n even changed the cup holders but still persists.

I'm really lost as to what to do???? If I bought it brand new, I will not hesitate to throw it back to them n demand refund or compensation... Honestly, PML suck big time in my opinion! They are only interested to sell as many cars but after sales is worse than some other smaller marquees!

After reading so many issues my fellow owners are facing, I can't help but feel even more pissed. If anyone out there got some sugg and/or similar encounter, pls care to share. I'm seriously thinking of selling it off but will lose big $$$...

Re: Rattling noise

Bring it to one of the workshops (Boss, R2D, J4C or BVO) and have them check it ?

mohankls;640490 said:
Hi fellow forummers...

I'm fairly new here but hv been driving a Beemer for a while. Recently bought a 6 mth old E93 325i. Problem is, there seems to be some kind of rattling vibrations knd of sound coming from the front dash. The issue here -from my (drivers) position, the creaking/rattling sounds seem to be from passenger side. But when someone sits on e passenger side, they feel the sounds are coming from drivers side...!!!

Sent to PML 3 times but they can't catch e prob at all. In fact, they tried insulating the dash panels n even changed the cup holders but still persists.

I'm really lost as to what to do???? If I bought it brand new, I will not hesitate to throw it back to them n demand refund or compensation... Honestly, PML suck big time in my opinion! They are only interested to sell as many cars but after sales is worse than some other smaller marquees!

After reading so many issues my fellow owners are facing, I can't help but feel even more pissed. If anyone out there got some sugg and/or similar encounter, pls care to share. I'm seriously thinking of selling it off but will lose big $$$...

mohankls;640490 said:
Hi fellow forummers...

I also used to have this problem but it is gone now.

I sent my car for air-con coil changed, they have to remove the dash board to change it and probably when they installed it back, they fixed it.

Send to air-con repair shop, they are expert in removing the dash board then other car workshops where their expertise is in engine, wear and tear etc.

Hope this help.

Tks bro...

You may be spot on! Cos one of my suspicions is the air con blower part being loose or detached n moving about inside etc.

Can you share which air con mech shop u sent your car down? How much was the damage? You can PM me too if preferred.

Cheers

mohankls;640506 said:
Tks bro...

You may be spot on! Cos one of my suspicions is the air con blower part being loose or detached n moving about inside etc.

Can you share which air con mech shop u sent your car down? How much was the damage? You can PM me too if preferred.

Cheers

There is one renowned air con shop named "motoraire" at Sim Ming area.

I did mine at Tomika LLP at Bukit Merah.
Blk 1010 Bukit Merah Lane 3 #01-101. Telephone : 62762628
The boss is an old man.

note:
I have no relationship with this shop.

Hi fellow bros...

Anyone`else`had same/similar experience with rattling/creaking noises from dashboard/front panel etc? I'm hoping to hear other tested/worked solutions by other bros...

Bro Steven, you hv been of great help & I've contacted PML to get an appt. As expected, next avail almost end May..!! Guess that's what happens when you finish 1st in selling most luxury cars but your back end support is not increased to cope with the increased population of`cars (& its problems I must add...!!)

Nonetheless, I got no other choice but to continue driving with all these noises till hopefully they can find the source & fix it.

Till then...

mohankls;641791 said:
Hi fellow bros...

Anyone`else`had same/similar experience with rattling/creaking noises from dashboard/front panel etc? I'm hoping to hear other tested/worked solutions by other bros...

Bro Steven, you hv been of great help & I've contacted PML to get an appt. As expected, next avail almost end May..!! Guess that's what happens when you finish 1st in selling most luxury cars but your back end support is not increased to cope with the increased population of`cars (& its problems I must add...!!)

Nonetheless, I got no other choice but to continue driving with all these noises till hopefully they can find the source & fix it.

Till then...
IMHO, live with it or sell ur ride.

The chassis is stiffer than plastic parts in the car. It will come back some day after it is fixed.

Worst to worst ICED ur ride... Better then sell at a big loss.
BMW is a Joy to drive around... + ICE would drown away the rattles.

:dance:
(Juz my 2cents)

Bro,

Just curious, is the rattling noise only apparent when you drive off(ie when the engine is cold) in the morning without switching on the air con. The noise will disappear when u switch on the air con.

The sound is trrrrtt, trrrrtttt....

pg9254;643316 said:
Bro,

Just curious, is the rattling noise only apparent when you drive off(ie when the engine is cold) in the morning without switching on the air con. The noise will disappear when u switch on the air con.

The sound is trrrrtt, trrrrtttt....

Hi pg9254,

The rattling noise is intermittent, sometimes its non-stop for the entire journey, yet at times I can only hear it when I go over uneven, rough roads etc.

Another strange thing i realised is its more apparent during the day, ie: in hot weather. At night, not as bad...hmmm!!

bros, eric3417 & red bean bun - good advice from both fo you! way better than selling the car cos I'm sure i'll be ripped off big time!!

hi bros..

Very sad...despite leaving car at PML for a full day, they still can't catch the root of the rattling noise.

The mech who sat with me during test-drive to ascertain the source kept insisting its the IU unit that requires some form of insulation. I tried telling him that's not where the rattling noises are coming from but he assured me it is...

But what happened..?? The bloody noise is still there...!!! Sighhhhh

I'm seriously thinking of removing the top dashboard panel to see what could be loose and/or causing this sound.

Can anyone recommend a reputable workship (besides PML of course) to get this checked? In fact, it would be good if they allow me to be there when they dismantle the dashboard etc. I dun think PML will allow owners into their workshop area...(apologies if I got this wrong)

if i'm not mistaken, one bro quoted in the post the "best people" to remove/dismantle dashboard and put it back nicely poon pi pi would be the "aircon guy". normal workshop that fix engine or suspension problem may not be the best people. my 2 cents.

by the way, my E90 dashboard rattles like siao too ... i have conceded and live with it ... just up the song/radio volume
but sometime when i go into carpark i off the audio then my wife was shocked ... what's going on ... what's that ngit ngit sound. she being a car idiot also knows there is sound comes from the dashboard and i cannot smoke her that's the tyre screeching sound :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;648267 said:
if i'm not mistaken, one bro quoted in the post the "best people" to remove/dismantle dashboard and put it back nicely poon pi pi would be the "aircon guy". normal workshop that fix engine or suspension problem may not be the best people. my 2 cents.

by the way, my E90 dashboard rattles like siao too ... i have conceded and live with it ... just up the song/radio volume
but sometime when i go into carpark i off the audio then my wife was shocked ... what's going on ... what's that ngit ngit sound. she being a car idiot also knows there is sound comes from the dashboard and i cannot smoke her that's the tyre screeching sound :lol:

hmmm..another sad owner...!!

Wonder if the folks at PML are reading thie forum...???

mohankls;648497 said:
hmmm..another sad owner...!!

Wonder if the folks at PML are reading thie forum...???
Creaks are common like what i had said before. Even E39 also got creaks. E39 is 1 of the most well-build BMW around.

Creaks also happen to my ride when I do hard cornering over uneven road. I'm on 19" wheels which made the situation worst.

After taking a taxi ride in my friend's Saab 9-3 (year 2005), I told myself "Wow BMW is so much better because less creaks.". :lol:

davidtch;648528 said:
Creaks are common like what i had said before. Even E39 also got creaks. E39 is 1 of the most well-build BMW around.

yeah...I can accept creaks. But in my case, it sounds more like rattling..as if something has come loose and/or needs to be tightened etc...

creaks means your car insulation from outside side noise is very good that's why can hear these creaks. You should sit in a nissan sunny. I cannot even hear the radio even on smooth roads

mohankls;648554 said:
yeah...I can accept creaks. But in my case, it sounds more like rattling..as if something has come loose and/or needs to be tightened etc...
Rattle means that BMW chassis is so stiff that either plastic screw breaks or plastic screw hole breaks.

Which is a better evil, stiff chassis that cause rattle or soft chassis?

I choose stiff chassis.

davidtch;648592 said:
Rattle means that BMW chassis is so stiff that either plastic screw breaks or plastic screw hole breaks.

Which is a better evil, stiff chassis that cause rattle or soft chassis?

I choose stiff chassis.

Hmm...it seems like you are askin me to accept the noise & live with it uh..!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52b52club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back