RD Tornado Kit

terrork

Hi, I have found a contact who does Tornado replicas in JB. He tells me his quality is very good.....mixture of fiberglass and PU. Just wondering if anyone out there has gotten kits fixed up in JB (in particular the Tornado) and whether they are reliable? Also, is it safe to make a trip to JB for the installation?

Re: RD Tornado Kit

muahhaha.. is his nick in the forum YourMan72 ???... no harm going down to see if the quality is alright.

I think one of our members has the rep front on.

terrork said:
Hi, I have found a contact who does Tornado replicas in JB. He tells me his quality is very good.....mixture of fiberglass and PU. Just wondering if anyone out there has gotten kits fixed up in JB (in particular the Tornado) and whether they are reliable? Also, is it safe to make a trip to JB for the installation?
Bro, first of all, determine if the kit is meant for your ride. RD Tornado kit is only made for PFL sedans. We have witnessed fitment problems onto FL rides, sedans or coupes, even when these kits are imported from OEMs from U.S.

Second of all, the replica kits were moulded from originals, which bear the same dimensions and specifications to fit the PFL sedans. Even if there are modifications done to ensure it fits, the workmanship from such moulded parts is always a suspect. Bear in mind you are installing huge aesthetic parts onto your ride - any wavy or uneven finish will kill the total look on your car. In short, it "cheapens" the appeal of your bimmer.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Kentonna, tat was very useful information. My ride is a pre-fl coupe, so i guess i will taking a risk if i do decide to go ahead. I am leaning towards not going for the replica given your info and the fact that I have to drive to JB for the installation.

Yup yup... definitely agree with Ken.... one more point for your consideration.. given the types of car parks we have here in Singapore... the possibility of having your front bumper scraping the ground is rather high especially if your ride is lowered... fibreglass and scraping is a bad mix... development of unsightly cracks is not unusual... do give the matter your due consideration bro...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back