RE: Beware of shrewd tyre shop

charlietay

Hi ,

Would like to share my experience on Hurry tyre shop, i got a new pair of F10 tyre 18inch from a nice fellow bmw new 535 owner. So we arrange that his new tyre to be swap at above tyre shop and i have to trade in mine to Hurry. Spoken to them and we agreed on the price of $1.2k for my new F10 17inch rims. 2 week later when i collect my car and went to hurry shop to do an exchange as well my trade in and here is the best surprise... we only can offer you $950 or you take your tyre back !!!

It is not about the different in $250 that make me mad but the worst is the boss insist else you take it back !!! I am doing my business and i think creditability of the company is very important. I will never go back to the shop again as i stay very near to them.

Re: Beware of shrewd tyre shop

he took a look at my original 6 rims and say cant trade in, lagi best..... now the rims are in my office. hahah.
maybe should ask them to do a black and white on the spot.

what i did previously was pay them a deposit to confirm the deal that i will collect my ride in 2-3 weeks time and that i will trade in my rim+tyre in day1. for example, an invoice is issued with $total - $deposit - $tradein value = $balance. black/white is good so that no one can argue who say/agree what. if i decided not to trade in, i just top up the trade in value. fair & square. the deal was completed smoothly.

i guess in your case, he may feel that he overvalue the trade in and now mark it down and tell you take it or leave it. from their perspective, they are given you a quote without seeing the real item, when they see it they wish to re-quote. just like buying/selling item that a price is confirmed but when change hand, buyer/seller will find excuse that the item is not worth that much.

nonetheless, in a business, integrity is important. if he did promise or agreed, he should honour it. just my view only hor as i don't know what you tell them or what they promise you.

i have similar experiences with other workshops too la. i called to enquire for an item and confirm the price at $X. within 1 week the price move to $Y when i go down.

by the way, apart from swapping tyres and trade in rims, did you buy anything from hurry? if no buying, trade in value is lower (common to all)

i will still go back to hurry tyres as my experience with them is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

my deal was done with hurry and had no probs.
traded in the e82 4xoriginal 18inch m-rims with RFTs for SGD1800/complete set and only bought the 19inch T1Rs from them.
just switched to PS2s at good price too from hurry.

If u do business, surely your quotation to customers have a validity period.
if it is over the phone kind of thing and not even in black and white, the quotation validity should be held valid for an even shorter period.

In my opinion, 2 weeks is too long for this kind of transaction and goods.

I patrionise Hurry regularly and is ok with their service.
No hard sell, or attitude problems.

charlietay;577149 said:
Hi ,

Would like to share my experience on Hurry tyre shop, i got a new pair of F10 tyre 18inch from a nice fellow bmw new 535 owner. So we arrange that his new tyre to be swap at above tyre shop and i have to trade in mine to Hurry. Spoken to them and we agreed on the price of $1.2k for my new F10 17inch rims. 2 week later when i collect my car and went to hurry shop to do an exchange as well my trade in and here is the best surprise... we only can offer you $950 or you take your tyre back !!!

It is not about the different in $250 that make me mad but the worst is the boss insist else you take it back !!! I am doing my business and i think creditability of the company is very important. I will never go back to the shop again as i stay very near to them.

I experienced something similar....went all the way down to see the F10 18 inch, Boss himself (Mr. Txx) who quoted price $3.1k with trade-in!!...the rims and tyres has already some usage on them.....told him thanks but no thanks and I also not looking to trade-in......then amazingly, straightaway lower down to $2.8k, and without trade-in....so don't know what happened...as I got to my car he called out to me and said $2.7k.... but I got out of there quick...used to think he was a straight-and-up guy as I did my other car with him previously....sighhh!!...now have to be very careful and wary of such deals.....

i agreed with wt_know and cwong for the right transaction protocol, however, i was away for the 1 week and had confirm with them twice for the price ,dont think it will create such unpleasant experience. Think in future, got to change tyre and rim at other place.

Its better to do everything in black & white as per other bros have suggested. Normally such incidents are pretty common, some shops have extremely good reviews, then suddenly have a lousy service or bad attitude towards customers. So depends on luck also.

If U don like the service then avoid the shop in future. I also encountered something unhappy with one of the site sponsors in this forum, but as most ppl are happy with their service, I guess Im the unlucky one. So take it easy ya, and move on. Next time go to another tyre shop if they chut pattern.

Don let such an issue get you down. Cheers and enjoy the remaining weekend! :)

woohoo, newly registered forumers coming in to bash hurry.

amazing. dealt with them for so many years, buying the cheapest items with no issue.

but i guess, to each his own. am sure there are equally good shops around.

cheers.

charlietay;577149 said:
Hi ,

Actually to be fair to Hurry, after all the years of dealing with him and his son, I have never heard him use the "Take it back" phrase. Seems at odds with his character...

ya. he just tell me he dont want to eat my stock rims. no such thing as 'take it back'.

have anyone try to sell the metal rims to karan goo nee man by the kg?

chershen;577180 said:
woohoo, newly registered forumers coming in to bash hurry.

amazing. dealt with them for so many years, buying the cheapest items with no issue.

but i guess, to each his own. am sure there are equally good shops around.

cheers.

Yah was introduce by the God of speed to do my rims @ Hurry. Traded off my F-up breyton magic to the wee woo wee GTS matt black and although my trade in price was not fanstastic but overall the Boss gave me a round up figure for the Breytons GTS with labour thrown in and the best thing is the price compare to others such as YXP BROS and LS is a whopping difference of $160 per rim.

I guess its each to his own..If u are not happy with their service just walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like a miscommunication. Dealt with Tristan and Mr Tan for a few years. No issue with their professionalism and integrity.

wt_know;577153 said:
what i did previously was pay them a deposit to confirm the deal that i will collect my ride in 2-3 weeks time and that i will trade in my rim+tyre in day1. for example, an invoice is issued with $total - $deposit - $tradein value = $balance. black/white is good so that no one can argue who say/agree what. if i decided not to trade in, i just top up the trade in value. fair & square. the deal was completed smoothly.

i guess in your case, he may feel that he overvalue the trade in and now mark it down and tell you take it or leave it. from their perspective, they are given you a quote without seeing the real item, when they see it they wish to re-quote. just like buying/selling item that a price is confirmed but when change hand, buyer/seller will find excuse that the item is not worth that much.

nonetheless, in a business, integrity is important. if he did promise or agreed, he should honour it. just my view only hor as i don't know what you tell them or what they promise you.

i have similar experiences with other workshops too la. i called to enquire for an item and confirm the price at $X. within 1 week the price move to $Y when i go down.

by the way, apart from swapping tyres and trade in rims, did you buy anything from hurry? if no buying, trade in value is lower (common to all)

i will still go back to hurry tyres as my experience with them is good.

This is good advice. Covers all the bases.

mybmmer318;577202 said:
Yah was introduce by the God of speed to do my rims @ Hurry. Traded off my F-up breyton magic to the wee woo wee GTS matt black and although my trade in price was not fanstastic but overall the Boss gave me a round up figure for the Breytons GTS with labour thrown in and the best thing is the price compare to others such as YXP BROS and LS is a whopping difference of $160 per rim.

I guess its each to his own..If u are not happy with their service just walk away.

seriously, 160 per rim is huge difference. how much he quoted your GTS? with tyres?

uglyducklings2000;577545 said:
seriously, 160 per rim is huge difference. how much he quoted your GTS? with tyres?

2.04K flat for 4 pieces w/o tires. Do make a point to ask ard before u go Hurry so that you will be convinced by their price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back