Re-Program ECU Flash for E90 320i

eldwin

Anyone here re-program your E90 320i ECU? Please share how much power gain you have? Know of anywhere I can get this done?

Really wonder how much more power (if any) will this 4 cyl gain :confused:

Re: Re-Program ECU Flash for E90 320i

BVO Auto
Blk 15, Sin Ming Ind Est #01-111
Tel: 64551566
:: Welcome to BVO Automotive online ::

Call and talk to Bernard. He will answer your questions. He'll be the one tuning your car.

CBS, thanks. You know of any E90 320 who has done it?

Not sure if i am even allowed to say this but just thought i'd share my views from this afternoons test drive at BVO Automotive.

It started when i jumped into the driver seat of this 4dr E46...drove for about 5mins and asked if it was a slightly tuned up 2.2L...i had a shock of my life when I was told it was a 318iA, valvetronic!!!!!!!!

Throttle response was simply sweet, revs picked-up very nicely and speed built with light throttle was just awesome.

At the end day i can only say I am impressed!

will try to sneak over to BVO tomorrow morning ..... :) tks bro

MazzyMan;176074 said:
Not sure if i am even allowed to say this but just thought i'd share my views from this afternoons test drive at BVO Automotive.

It started when i jumped into the driver seat of this 4dr E46...drove for about 5mins and asked if it was a slightly tuned up 2.2L...i had a shock of my life when I was told it was a 318iA, valvetronic!!!!!!!!

Throttle response was simply sweet, revs picked-up very nicely and speed built with light throttle was just awesome.

At the end day i can only say I am impressed!

Yah!! Same review after I test drive the same car after you!!

kekekekeke

Lucky '33'.........:nehnehhh:

'The Great White'

I think you have to call BVO up to get the flashing rates.

Pls feedback after you have done. Interested to know the outcome....

Cheers

Sure i will :) Actually I didn get time to go down to BVO last weekend.

Will likely be there after LNY. Gong Xi Gong Xi everyone!!

Hi,

Anyone know if BOV has tried it out on the E90 320i?

NCP;181639 said:
Hi,

Anyone know if BOV has tried it out on the E90 320i?

Done. :)

And with very good results as well......Ask Bernard!:yikess:

Cheers!

Hi,

I just did for my E90 320i yesterday.

Did not opt for dyno as Bernard promised no feelable improvement, don't buy and hence, don't want to waste $ and time doing dyno.

The tuning was completed at about 10-11pm with my car send in at 4pm and when collected and doing the test drive, the feel of the improvement is undeniably positive. In D mode, it has better pulling than DS before tuning and in DS, it can really set you back in the seat. In addition, the engine also feel less vibration during idling. Btw, my car is slightly modded with K&N, operated xos, coil booster, Ivac and sprinter booster.

Hope this information is useful for bro considering to tune up their E90.

Hi NCP

u mentioned less vibration during idling, is the idle RPM raised?

NCP;182853 said:
Hi,

In addition, the engine also feel less vibration during idling.

i'm not saying bernard's not the real deal, but if you're prepared to spend good money on a tune, why not spend another hundred to do a before/after dyno? butt feel can be misleading; a false sense of torque increase can be achieved by simply reprogramming the throttle to make it more sensitive.

also, i don't know what DME version you have, but i've heard anecdoctal evidence of several cars overseas who have gone for an ECU tune, (reflash mind you, not piggyback) and although they dyno-ed with great gains initially, they re-dynoed a few months later at stock power levels. i can only speculate that the remapped values in these cars were somehow defeated by several layers of checksums programmed by the OE guys. with modern ECUs, its no longer a simple matter of identifying the fuel and ignition maps and changing the values.

the above is true to the best of my limited knowledge only. i'm sure that people like bernard, DMS, HIop etc who tune for a living know a whole lot more about this and have probably found a way around these checksums already.

cheers
p.s. i'm also thinking of trying the BVO reflash, that's why i'm taking an interest in this thread.... and any dyno's that can be shared.

smoobies aka james has done the before and after dyno..

kindly upload here ...

im watching this space too...very interested if it can be done one 318 valvetronic...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixlogix
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back