Re-Program ECU Flash for E90 320i

Re: Re-Program ECU Flash for E90 320i

very interesting thread..spoken to him yesterday, he says it will have a 10-15 increase in hp.

yes...i second louis....a dyno will be a much more accurate gauge.

smoobies, u did the dyno, how is it? what is the hp gain after the reflash? ...shed some light can....thks

NCP and all bros who have completed the upgrade - mind if I ask about the impact on your fuel consumption? With a 10% increase in BHP, does that mean you burn 10% more fuel. I am keen and will be visiting BVO in the next few days.

Have been monitoring the fuel consumption but seem no diff from before the upgrade.
Btw, I have done the ECU together with muffer operation. Hence, can't comment if only ECU upgrade alone, will there be any diff in fuel consumption.

Based on my limited beng knowledge, it is to fine tune the air-fuel ratio to achieve lean burn for better power n FC n throttle response. Stock is always on the rich side.

NCP - thanks. From your own experience, is this ECU upgrade a die die must try mod? Any regrets? I will visit BVO in the coming days for a quote and more answers. Many thanks in advance for sharing.

AhBengDriver - you are certainly the most intelligent Beng I know. Always fun reading your posts.

There is certainly no such thing as a die die must try mod. Its all depend on how much you are willing to spend to enhance your car driving pleasure. But end of the day, we are still a 320i and won't expect to outrun a 323 but for 520, we may have a chance....with the upgrade.

louis;182867 said:
i'm not saying bernard's not the real deal, but if you're prepared to spend good money on a tune, why not spend another hundred to do a before/after dyno? butt feel can be misleading; a false sense of torque increase can be achieved by simply reprogramming the throttle to make it more sensitive.

also, i don't know what DME version you have, but i've heard anecdoctal evidence of several cars overseas who have gone for an ECU tune, (reflash mind you, not piggyback) and although they dyno-ed with great gains initially, they re-dynoed a few months later at stock power levels. i can only speculate that the remapped values in these cars were somehow defeated by several layers of checksums programmed by the OE guys. with modern ECUs, its no longer a simple matter of identifying the fuel and ignition maps and changing the values.

the above is true to the best of my limited knowledge only. i'm sure that people like bernard, DMS, HIop etc who tune for a living know a whole lot more about this and have probably found a way around these checksums already.

cheers
p.s. i'm also thinking of trying the BVO reflash, that's why i'm taking an interest in this thread.... and any dyno's that can be shared.

This I would agree totally since the ECUs these days are programmed to auto-learn or something along that line....

I corresponded with someone at e46fanatics.com about this matter specifically.

He told me that under WOT and normal driving, the car runs different maps. What the ECU adaptation does is under normal driving conditions, it will adapt the fueling and ignition timing to make the AFR as close to the normal 14.7 or thereabouts as possible Under WOT, the car switches to a different map to ensure there is enough fuel to make safe power (AFR below 12).

So when your car is tuned for power, it won't revert back to stock unless the tuner did something wrong uploading the map.

I'm but a layman and don't know anything technical. Just repeating what he said...

i did it last couple of weeks back..
had the base dyno and after also..
gain 14bhp, and 20nm of torque!!! (be4 final last tuning, figures might be higher)
(mod include GruppeM intake, Bastuck exhaust, Sprint + Coil booster + IVAC )
your butt for sure can feel it..

chickenbackside;188979 said:
I corresponded with someone at e46fanatics.com about this matter specifically.

He told me that under WOT and normal driving, the car runs different maps. What the ECU adaptation does is under normal driving conditions, it will adapt the fueling and ignition timing to make the AFR as close to the normal 14.7 or thereabouts as possible Under WOT, the car switches to a different map to ensure there is enough fuel to make safe power (AFR below 12).

So when your car is tuned for power, it won't revert back to stock unless the tuner did something wrong uploading the map.

I'm but a layman and don't know anything technical. Just repeating what he said...

i think he's talking about close loop and open loop... which specific DME version was he referring to in your conversations? MS42, MS43, MS45, MS45.1?

smoobies;188982 said:
i did it last couple of weeks back..
had the base dyno and after also..
gain 14bhp, and 20nm of torque!!! (be4 final last tuning, figures might be higher)
(mod include GruppeM intake, Bastuck exhaust, Sprint + Coil booster + IVAC )
your butt for sure can feel it..

did you get a print out of the dyno chart? could you share it with us so that we can see which rpm range the gains were seen at? also how soon after the reflash did you get the dyno?

louis;188991 said:
i think he's talking about close loop and open loop... which specific DME version was he referring to in your conversations? MS42, MS43, MS45, MS45.1?

He was referring to my engine. Dunno what fancy number that is. I only know it as M54.

Anyone tried for a E90 323? Any good results to report? Thanks.

Ya, I'm also keen to know if anyone tried for E90 323? Please share.

beem;445965 said:
after 4 pages and no charts...haiz...

bro, it's 4 pages + 2.5 years... haha. what's the estimate cost of ecu reflash for 320i?

eldwin;175245 said:
CBS, thanks. You know of any E90 320 who has done it?

Hi Bro,

I did mine ecu reflash with BVO bernard for my E90 320. The ride was much more drivable torque did increase and i had slightly better horse power increased. Overall the whole car was much more responsive in performance. I just upgraded to a E90 325 last month my ECU was also just tune up last week by BVO bernard. Tink its worth spending the cash cause there isnt much upgrade we can do for our car performance, unless you want to get the supercharger kit for E90 320 4cyclinder. ARMA RACING

RENO;445989 said:
Hi Bro,

I did mine ecu reflash with BVO bernard for my E90 320. The ride was much more drivable torque did increase and i had slightly better horse power increased. Overall the whole car was much more responsive in performance. I just upgraded to a E90 325 last month my ECU was also just tune up last week by BVO bernard. Tink its worth spending the cash cause there isnt much upgrade we can do for our car performance, unless you want to get the supercharger kit for E90 320 4cyclinder. ARMA RACING

hey reno, mind telling us how much ur reflash cost u?

and just curious... if we supercharge and then kenna caught by mata, what's the fine? will vehicle be impounded? :twisted:

wao....arma!!....how much and where to install?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back