RE: Quad Exhaust for E60

Re: Quad Exhaust for E60

Patrick;441579 said:
Hi MW, i mean the cover underneath the battery compartment. They need to remove it, so as to pull another pipe to the right side. Do i need to install it back again or just leave it? To install it back need some cutting on the cover leh, as the pipe on the right is blocking the way. Thks, Patrick

Hi Patrick, pls refer to the pic I posted in this thread, u will see the pipe is curved, so it goes around whatever obstacle there is underneath. No dismantling of anything at all. Like I said, its a direct fit designed for non-M E60s

__iceman__;441581 said:
One minor observation - and its very true. When you want to align the EXACT same amount of protrusion out from the bumper, the fakes should stick out about 1 or 2mm further than the working one, IF your exhaust is totally cold. Why? I didn't believe it at first but Jeep Chee alerted me... when driver gets stimulated on the road, exhaust system gets hot under the collar, it gets longer! :whattheh:

It is true... when the system heats up, the working tip then extends out by another few mm.

One work around to reduce this effect would be: Do not secure the tip too high up to the bumper. Leave a gap. Then the short/long effect is much reduced, as parallax error is reduced.

Wow...so much research done by Jeep Chee. I check already, when I get hot, my tip really extend. But problem is, more than 1mm, more like in inches! :shhhh:

Hi All, was quoted by Man Exhaust for $180 to construct a dummy quad exhaust on my E60 lci, cutting and exhaust tips included. Can anyone share experience?

TIA
Cheers,

iankaw;1087937 said:
Hi All, was quoted by Man Exhaust for $180 to construct a dummy quad exhaust on my E60 lci, cutting and exhaust tips included. Can anyone share experience?

TIA
Cheers,

Why go for fake one? Real quad is sexy.
Don't let toyota altis owner stomp your car as kiam gana bmw owner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back