Really Ass Luck !!!!

Re: Really Ass Luck !!!!

Andrew68;865494 said:
Hey bro, thks for the ref ( Leong Seng). Let me tell you the logic ..... They make more $$$ to sell a tyre than patching.
After leaving PML (Dunearn Rd), I drop by Shell station outside Vanda rd where a tyre shop is there. The uncle said he sells RFT but it's crazy for me to change a new one as mine is only afew days old. He said He had patched many RFT, what's the problem. He is really an honest guy. At last he charged $8 and I gave me $10 and KEEP THE CHANGE MAN !!!!!
Irregardless of whether the patching last, this uncle really earn my respect.

Bro, thanks for info. Though Dunearn road is quite far from where I stay and roam. If I get a puncture (touch wood - lucky there are wood panels in the E60) near there, will definitely go find the honest uncle at Shell station. Cheers!

Me too. i patch my RFT at a normal Tyre shop.
its been running for 2months liao.. everything is fine.
Cheers!!!!

Kena 1 screw into my RFT and prsssure monitoring alerted. Drove to Chin Wah and they did an internal patch. Yhought i needed to change the whole tire and blow close to 600. Plan to monitor the pressure to see if job done well..

qus;920848 said:
Kena 1 screw into my RFT and prsssure monitoring alerted. Drove to Chin Wah and they did an internal patch. Yhought i needed to change the whole tire and blow close to 600. Plan to monitor the pressure to see if job done well..

How much for a internal patch?

Hi same thing happened to me. And i was driving with a flat tyre for awhile. If the tyre is salvagable (i.e. innertube is still intact) a patch job will suffice and it costs only $5/-

But pls take note the tyre is much weakened and is safe for only driving in Singapore where the speed is usually 30-120kph....when i drove to KL and averaged 180-200kph, the same tyre failed and i had a side wall crack and was stranded on the North South highway....:(

I suppose its ok if you dont drive up north.....just do the patch job for $5/-

Andrew68;865069 said:
What the shit man !!! 5 days old 520i kena nail. Warning light appeared. PML charge $685 but outside tyre shop $420. Should I patch ????

Nightwind;921080 said:
Hi same thing happened to me. And i was driving with a flat tyre for awhile. If the tyre is salvagable (i.e. innertube is still intact) a patch job will suffice and it costs only $5/-

But pls take note the tyre is much weakened and is safe for only driving in Singapore where the speed is usually 30-120kph....when i drove to KL and averaged 180-200kph, the same tyre failed and i had a side wall crack and was stranded on the North South highway....:(

I suppose its ok if you dont drive up north.....just do the patch job for $5/-

How flat was yours? Mine, immediately went to petrol station nearby at river valley and pressure was 140. Drove to killiney straight away and got the tire checked out. Hope that did not compromise the tire..

Mine was completely flat...so flat i cant even pump air into the tyre...had to tow the car to workshop. But they patch for only $5/- as it was just a small hole.

The problem is that the tyres integrity is weakened so for fast long distance driving at 180kph and above its not safe anymore....but its ok for driving in sinkie roads as our average speed in the city is 20-50kph...if the traffic is moving...otherwise its even lower...so its safe for our roads...

qus;921087 said:
How flat was yours? Mine, immediately went to petrol station nearby at river valley and pressure was 140. Drove to killiney straight away and got the tire checked out. Hope that did not compromise the tire..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back