Rear brake pad wear

cyrus271

Guys, I noticed from the brake pad wear indicator, that my rear pads are 3,000 km more worn than the front pads. Both the fronts and rears have never been changed before.

Is this normal? A 3,000 km difference seems like quite a lot to me, wonder whether these's something wrong at at the back.

Thanks in advance for your views!

Re: Rear brake pad wear

cyrus271;402582 said:
Guys, I noticed from the brake pad wear indicator, that my rear pads are 3,000 km more worn than the front pads. Both the fronts and rears have never been changed before.

Is this normal? A 3,000 km difference seems like quite a lot to me, wonder whether these's something wrong at at the back.

Thanks in advance for your views!

based on my limited understanding.

generally front wear faster than rear, it's normal if you ask me.
anyway u shd not be overly worry in this since as there is warning brakepadlight indicator, even if the light is on, there is still "skin" akin to our fuel gauge indicator analogy.

in short, light on mean replacement time.
alternative there is a tool availiable to check the thickness of the remaining pad.
u can try that on yr rear pad

From what I know, the cycle is usually u change the rear pad the second time u change yr front. 'Cos the front wears faster.

btw, how come can tell "3,000km" more wear?...the E90 got indicator to tell?...

Tonylyt and Turbo:

In my case, the iDrive service screen indicates that my rear pads have to be replaced 3,000 km sooner than the fronts, so it's a bit strange, since the fronts would wear out faster.

I guess if the gap widens further I'll have it checked - otherwise, not wasting another whole day at PML with all the cab fares to and fro.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back