Rear demister not working

daz3

Noticed my rear demister is not working and tried to check on the fuse behind the glove box.

Diagram states rear demister fuse is 47,49.but when i checked on my fuse box,only the fuse 49 has a 30amp fuse plugged in,the fuse 47 is empty.Is this normal? As mine is a used car,am unsure if the previous owner took it out.

Those who have replaced the fuse before,do you guys have two fuse on 47 and 49 or only one like mine?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rear demister not working

Anyway i tried inserting a fuse 30 into the empty fuse slot but still not working.Read that the relay could be the problem but i cant seem to find it.

Anyone can help share the location of the relay?

Fuse 49 is confirmed intact ? Light come on on the aircon led ?

Lastly - how old is your car battery ? Fully charged ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;1042077 said:
Fuse 49 is confirmed intact ? Light come on on the aircon led ?

Lastly - how old is your car battery ? Fully charged ?

Ya fuse 49 is intact,there is led light but demister not working.My battery i have no idea as i bought the car used.Is there any way of checking the battery condition?

Best would be to look for faults in the error logs. Something is telling the de mister to not turn on. You got a code reader ?

daz3;1042079 said:
Ya fuse 49 is intact,there is led light but demister not working.My battery i have no idea as i bought the car used.Is there any way of checking the battery condition?

Red_Bean_Bun;1042099 said:
Best would be to look for faults in the error logs. Something is telling the de mister to not turn on. You got a code reader ?

Hmm no bro,i do not have a code reader.

wow...I hv never ever activated my rear demister once in my 20 yrs of driving. u need it?

totoseow;1042219 said:
wow...I hv never ever activated my rear demister once in my 20 yrs of driving. u need it?

Neither have i... but who are we to say about the bros who have steamy cars...

There are times when i need to use the rear demisters,especially on rainy days when you enter some carparks.The whole rear windscreen will fog up and will have difficulty seeing the back when parking.

One particular carpark that i frequent always fogs up my windscreen is Parkway parade.

bro.. have you resolve your rear demister issue?
my button is lid up but its not working too!!
haiz...

Had the same problem with my demister too.
couldnt find any problems too
so once during servicing i mentioned to my workshop guys, they did the same check here check there...no problems
suddendly noticed it worked again....hence we think it was some loose connection or oxidised connections.
Try, hope it helps

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back