Rear lights failure?

xmaz3

I have this intermittent rear right light, brake light, fog light failure message on my E60 which is quite irritating as all the lights are not working when the msg appears but the lights are working again the next time i start the car. As it's for all the lights on the rear right so i suspect it's a connector problem and not just normal blown bulbs. Anyone can recommend a workshop to diagnose the problem besides PML?

Re: Rear lights failure?

This kind of problem is likely the connector pins intermittent. Remove your tail light module, see if the bulb is already sooted. It's time to replace them even if they are not gone.

You can DIY. No problem.

Yeah, do some dyi on this. Check the connections to the rear brake lights, bulbs properly inserted, etc

I had this problem on my old e92 335 (right brake light failed message). It was a known fault that the system was overly sensitive but the cost to fix by putting in a new upgraded part was too expensive to justify.

Got it fixed at Boss and the reason was because 1 of the connector pin was burnt. I knew it should not be the bulbs issue as all the right rear lights are not working. Thks for the advice anyway.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fb88bet50
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back