Reason for long waiting Qs for patient in Tan Tock Seng

Re: Reason for long waiting Qs for patient in Tan Tock Seng

doctors are also human lor.....maybe they do shift work, they also need their break and makan to recharge mah.
if they are supposed to be on duty n siam to foodcourt, thats a different story but i dun think thats likely.....stupid stompers as always....haha

if i may,

I would like to stand up and clarify matters for those who are not in this line of service.

I know people who are in the pictures and I used to be one of them
Credit must be given to those when is due and not to have critics like this

This is a typical Sum up round when individual team of doctors to go through their list of works need to be sorted and discussed on further managemet plans.
Yes, location might not be ideal but this is the only time that we have a break for a meal after starting work aas early as 6. Some Houseman will come in at 5 plus just to prepare for ward rounds and often stay til the night to finished off chores that is not done.
No one likes to leave handover to doctors on call as they willl be heavily swampped with workload, admission, surgeries etc etc...

For those twisted mind and says that Sg doctors can forgo having their meal time to save life and ONLY to do 24 hours call is really an insult to our trade.
Yes, You are rosterred to call for 24 hours but you only go home when your job is done the next day, A lot of people actually stay on to operate, work , presentation preparation to extend more than 36 hours.

If the guy who has racist remarks on commuters being stinky ..... this stomper should be equally be sentence as well

Recently, TVB has a drama that tells the story of Houseman & Trainee Surgeon that has to endure 36hrs shift.

" On call 36 hrs"

Watched that and find it unrealistic.. no comments

But real life is not so slack

wah ck u are a doctor!

Anyway, doctors are humans.

Same as lawyers. We have clients calling us during public holidays or even at 2am saying "Boss, can come bail me? I now at CID"

MW, Lawyer life is damn tough too..
A friend of mine who is a lawyer basically stay in the office... goes in at 6 and finishes at 11 most days.....

Then we come to this forum to have some fun and jokes but people say no quality and only 10 horny participant dictators

We can only talk abt cars.

Yawn

you quality n not horny so now tell me can sue them or no :D

My charges are $650 per hour or part thereof during official business hours.

After business hours and during weekends and public holdiays, my charges are double my per hour rate.

The above excludes GST.

If I am asked to travel, I only fly first class on Singapore Airlines because I can humblebrag and check in my FB status at the First Class Lounge and complain abt travelling for work

10 hours for a set of brembo buay pai leh :D

Hi I always wonder what is the purpose of that long White Coat the doctors always wear? Is that a uniform or for image or hygiene?

I always thought its for hygiene, but I always see young doctors wearing that to food courts and eating wearing it.... can't help it but think they are very yaya :)

Can somebody enlighten me pls thanks :)

housemen and grads wear them

The "confirmed" doctors dun wear them, only name tag and tie

Correction. Only med students wear them. It was a symbol of purity as a nobleman job but infection control and transmission of diseases via unwashed coat has made them obsolete. In UK, doctors have been issues strict orders on dress codes with no coats, ties, watches and supposedly bear below elbow policy. Like a f@+king communist.....

S2k;782235 said:
10 hours for a set of brembo buay pai leh :D

When you are a MO doing a 30 hours plus call. You get paid less than 6 dollars an hour. Need to do 1000 plus hours to get Brembo. That's why I go buy replica F10! Hahaha

ckbmwe60;782253 said:
When you are a MO doing a 30 hours plus call. You get paid less than 6 dollars an hour. Need to do 1000 plus hours to get Brembo. That's why I go buy replica F10! Hahaha

care to share the math on this? $6/hr for an MO seems a little low to me.

ckbmwe60;782247 said:
Correction. Only med students wear them. It was a symbol of purity as a nobleman job but infection control and transmission of diseases via unwashed coat has made them obsolete. In UK, doctors have been issues strict orders on dress codes with no coats, ties, watches and supposedly bear below elbow policy. Like a f@+king communist.....

So does that mean by right they should not wear those to foodcourts?
Personally I feel whether they wash the coat or not we don't know and the thought of bacteria they are carrying on those coats walking in foodcourts is rather disturbing.

louis;782260 said:
care to share the math on this? $6/hr for an MO seems a little low to me.

Rough estimate: weekdays call 210 per shift. You start at 7 am and typically leave the next day around 5 pm. That will be 34 hours. So divide that you get the amount above. Of course this is only call allowance. But MO pay is pretty pathetic anyway starting from 2k plus pre tax for first year MO

XXX;782262 said:
So does that mean by right they should not wear those to foodcourts?
Personally I feel whether they wash the coat or not we don't know and the thought of bacteria they are carrying on those coats walking in foodcourts is rather disturbing.

By right it is banned. So is the call baju but students like to brag about them being a doc to be blah blah....

Heng u dun see new lawyers going to foodcourt in their robes and wigs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pwin777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back