Rebooting screen - every 5-10 mins. F30

Basker888

Hey fellow fourmers,

F30 is coming to 6th year, encounter an issue which PML first says upgrade of software (apparently not the solution), next replace head unit (if it doesn't work) then whole screen module...Really pissed...left the car for 2 days and not resolved and give me multiple scenarios w different costs. Worse is if the former doesn't solve PML still charge. Any bros has got similar issue and what was the cause ? Thanks much in advance

Hi Bro.,
I'm facing the same problem.
Still awaiting them to resolve the problem.
Each time, PML service consultant will tell me it's the server problem in Germany.
I find this just a lame excuse!!!:eek:

Thanks all... wow looks like different service advisor gives different story. PML service advisors really sucks..

Thanks all... wow looks like different service advisor gives different story. PML service advisors really sucks..

My car still in PML, they are saying there are too many data in my smartphone and affecting the screen resetting bcos of Bluetooth connection. o_O

Just came back from PM this morning. Again I was told "use it and test it again". If problem still persists please inform them again.
But problem is, this time I provide them a video recording on the entire episode.
Not sure what else I need to proof before the fault can be rectified.

Bro., TQ very much for advice. :cool:
I really do not wish to waste my time going to PM and with no solution.
Hi Shajay, PM says due to my car head unit, they tested with a new CIC but issue still persist. They conclude it is the head unit though no new HU here so cannot test...ask them to get one from MY and it is being courier to SG..next week will know.

Hi Shajay, PM says due to my car head unit, they tested with a new CIC but issue still persist. They conclude it is the head unit though no new HU here so cannot test...ask them to get one from MY and it is being courier to SG..next week will know.

Bro., pls keep me inform :lol:

Hey Guys,

Update - issues resolved - replaced HU and all good now. Quite sianz, encountered drive train fault even b4 issue resolved and have to replace the fuel pump...quite hefty damage to my pocket.

I tried not connecting my phone via bluetooth but issue still persist.[/Q
Hey Guys,

Update - issues resolved - replaced HU and all good now. Quite sianz, encountered drive train fault even b4 issue resolved and have to replace the fuel pump...quite hefty damage to my pocket.

HU = FOC?
BTW, i'm facing drive train error a month ago. Actually, during the last servicing I felt something was wrong with my car so I informed PMSC during the service appt. However, they insist everything OK!!!
About slightly more than 2 weeks later after that servicing, Drive Train fault happened. Car totally lost power.
Turbo was replaced, performance seems OK. Less than 2 weeks later, car showing sign of loosing power on and off again till today.
I'm really getting piss-off with all those unresolved problems. Car schedule to send in next month for a check again.

Shayjay, the Replacement of the HU was about $1.8K and I had Fuel pump issue another $2.8K...now 3 months later ignition coil, spark plug and poker cover another $1.5K.:wtf:

Shayjay, the Replacement of the HU was about $1.8K and I had Fuel pump issue another $2.8K...now 3 months later ignition coil, spark plug and poker cover another $1.5K.:wtf:

Hi Bro.,
Tks for updating. Let me share my story.
Just 2 weeks ago, I had the HU replaced and was told by PM problem solved. Similarly, I was also told the power lost issue also resolved. However, after collecting the car from PM and heading back home, I almost has an accident bcos suddenly power lost again. Add on to my frustration, the HU reboot by itself again.
I really had enough of all these nonsense and time wasted. I am writing in to their customer service and see how they going to resolve the matter.
I really cannot image BMW quality. Just merely a year had to change the turbo. My previous STi after 10 years still good no matter how hard I wack the car!.

I feel you...take care.

Hi Bro.,
Tks for updating. Let me share my story.
Just 2 weeks ago, I had the HU replaced and was told by PM problem solved. Similarly, I was also told the power lost issue also resolved. However, after collecting the car from PM and heading back home, I almost has an accident bcos suddenly power lost again. Add on to my frustration, the HU reboot by itself again.
I really had enough of all these nonsense and time wasted. I am writing in to their customer service and see how they going to resolve the matter.
I really cannot image BMW quality. Just merely a year had to change the turbo. My previous STi after 10 years still good no matter how hard I wack the car!.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back