recomendation to do BMW audio system

Re: recomendation to do BMW audio system

You can try Hong Guan at bukit batok. tel: 6469 6775.
Few of us here did it there.

I did mine at Swift Motion Tel: 62966330. They're at Kaki Bukit.

You can also try Dynasty at Alexandra, look for Jason at 96222230, which he did it for me...no drilling needed and keeping the head unit.

donaldho;205010 said:
You can also try Dynasty at Alexandra, look for Jason at 96222230, which he did it for me...no drilling needed and keeping the head unit.

what's your set-up bro?

albertus;204912 said:
Hi friends... anyone can recomend me a shop to do my BMW audio system? thank u...

what would you like in your ICE?

geeknick;205562 said:
what's your set-up bro?

Stage 1, went for the 10" Rockford PUNCH sub-woofer with DLS mono block power amp and later went for Stage 2: Replace front stock speaker with Focal K2 2-way system speakers with separate crossover using standard stock amp and head unit from the car... sound really clear, clean and can feel the punching bass... good enough for me for now bro.

donaldho;205648 said:
Stage 1, went for the 10" Rockford PUNCH sub-woofer with DLS mono block power amp and later went for Stage 2: Replace front stock speaker with Focal K2 2-way system speakers with separate crossover using standard stock amp and head unit from the car... sound really clear, clean and can feel the punching bass... good enough for me for now bro.

I guess, its the best option if you want to keep almost everything intact. the E90s have HU with limited capabilities and no amp too. in a way there's less options for E90s. 2-ways are great.

geeknick;205802 said:
I guess, its the best option if you want to keep almost everything intact. the E90s have HU with limited capabilities and no amp too. in a way there's less options for E90s. 2-ways are great.

Bro, you have some serious staffs in your car man! Now, I'm thinking of (stage 3) adding a Sinfoni 45.2 to match my front speaker and still keep the stock amp to drive my back speaker......very additives.

recomendation to do BMW audio system

donaldho;206151 said:
Bro, you have some serious staffs in your car man! Now, I'm thinking of (stage 3) adding a Sinfoni 45.2 to match my front speaker and still keep the stock amp to drive my back speaker......very additives.

honestly, 2-way beats 3-way setup if you don't have the system well tuned.

nice effective upgrade for your front speakers - definitely make significant difference. you have got yourself a very practical and great ICE already!

murphys33;206208 said:
how much does the stage1 and stage 2 cost?

Stage 1 cost $2k + $850 for Stage 2 (for E60). Are you looking for I.C.E set-up?...beware! is very addictive.

Hi donaldho,

Your setup on HU ok? Most ICE Shops recomend to change HU to alpine. Another shop says HU remains and include 701 the sound can be as good, true?

Hublot;207085 said:
Hi donaldho,

Your setup on HU ok? Most ICE Shops recomend to change HU to alpine. Another shop says HU remains and include 701 the sound can be as good, true?

I'm no guru here, it's depend on the budget, Alpine HU maybe able to play Ipod video but don't know about the I-Drive can communicate or not. With ipod interface, the Stock HU is acceptable with me, accept it can't play video.

oneHeadlight;206855 said:
E60 has stock amp ? wats the power rating ?

I really don't know, if I'm not wrong it should be build-in amp not a seperate power amp.

Hublot, H701 has inherent hissing problem...unless u get a headunit with optical out. That will also have other noise problems but barely audible to most people.

Donaldo... there are installers who can handle the idrive. Try Hong Guan.
as for the stock amp in the stock HU...realy don't bother. Disconnect the rear speakers.

So oneHeadlight, is there anything better than the commonly recommended 701?

You can also try LD Auto at Katong Shopping Centre. They do good work at the right price. Some forummers done their cars there before.

definitely...but it all depends on budget. I think P9 is better, not to even mention Alpine F1. Clarion HXD2 is one heck of a headunit but it doesnt have processing power, but the sound quality is so so so so good.

U shud set a budget first, and work out the whole architecture. H701 is good, has very good processing power but it definitely has hissing issues. What u can do is to also change the headunit that has optical out, and probably, 99% of people can't hear any noise. But if u are gonna install both HU(headunit) and H701, u gotta make sure u have better-than-good speakers to utilise the capabilities.

As many would tell u, ICE is almost never ending, BUT u must be discerning to tell the difference. No need to spend too much. Make sure u go to an installer who are familiar with your car, but don't take their words totally.

Hublot;207354 said:
So oneHeadlight, is there anything better than the commonly recommended 701?

oh i forgot to mention that if u get good speakers...u need a good sub to match. Then u need good, clean, powerful amps....then u see the costs increase and increase...

so....budget first... good luck

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back