Recommended 3M Solar film workshop

isiowsg

Hi there,

May I know where I can install 3M solar film to my new BMW 520i and is the Crystalline type approved by LTA?. Thanks

Re: Recommended 3M Solar film workshop

Hi isiowsg. Welcome to the forum..you can try looking through the site sponsors page for the available options...

If I am correct, there are 2 authorize workshop, one at payalebar, directly facing SingPost, the other at Tradehub 21

Thanks etan1 for the tip who to contact for the 3M film

I have seen owners of 3M films remove it from their car and install infratint's films....

There should be 2 types of 3M solar film locally,
1) 3M Solar Film
2) 3M Crystalline Solar Film

The first 1 sucks (though im a ardent 3M film)....my pre-owned ride comes with it but I eventually removed it and plastered it with a forum vendor's brand (their top series).

But to be fair, the 1st one only have IR rejection of 43% and its equivalent to any forum vendor entry level film specs (correct me if i'm wrong pls). Pocket permitting, you should not go too wrong if ur getting 2) as its their (3M) premium film.

Price wise ofcse 3M more ex lah....due to their branding, marketing etc ... but specs wise, they should not be worse off than any others (see specs below) and the only reason why i did not go for 3M crystalline series is that Iim peh bo $$$ !! Having said that, i'm definitely a brand whore (again, pocket permitting)......cheers

Solar film technology is pretty much undifferentiated nowsaday. The only price difference you are paying is generally for Marketing and Branding ba.

Info extracted from 3M website

3M™ Solar Film
No telecommunication signal interference, no ugly cut out at in-vehicle unit
Improves comfort: rejects up to 43% of the heat coming through your windows
Interior protection: blocks up to 99% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of your car's interior
UV/Skin protection: provides SPF of up to 1000, a Skin Cancer Foundation recommended product

3M™ Crystalline Solar Film
The ultimate in technology, which utilizes multi-layer optical film (MOF) technology to offer car film with outstanding heat rejection to create the perfect film for your beloved cars
No telecommunication signal interference, no ugly cut out at in-vehicle unit: Crystalline films are non-metallized
Improves comfort: rejects up to 97% of the sun's IR rays and rejects up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows
UV/Skin protection: provides SPF of over 1000, a Skin Cancer Foundation recommended product
Interior protection: blocks up to 99.9% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of your car's interior
Never turns purple: guaranteed for the life of the film

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystalline? Wahahahahahahahahahaha...

On paper, yes AMAZING, real life....GOOD LUCK!

kon;816070 said:
Crystalline? Wahahahahahahahahahaha...

On paper, yes AMAZING, real life....GOOD LUCK!

Perhaps you wana share your experiences with Crystalline ??

het;816082 said:
Perhaps you wana share your experiences with Crystalline ??

Film too high tech, only repel heat in the afternoon.. morning hot like shit... try it yourself...

I never drive a car kena shine by sun for 1 min, and my arm can feel the heat....

Other than that, not much complain liao... but for $1K+- tint, I expect better

Oh, 1 minor qualm, the film is sebeh reflective, i can see almost my entire dashboard on the windscreen

kon;816119 said:
Film too high tech, only repel heat in the afternoon.. morning hot like shit... try it yourself...

I never drive a car kena shine by sun for 1 min, and my arm can feel the heat....

Other than that, not much complain liao... but for $1K+- tint, I expect better

Oh, 1 minor qualm, the film is sebeh reflective, i can see almost my entire dashboard on the windscreen

mind sharing wat brand and spec of tint ur ride is on now and hows ur experience with it thus far ? vis-a-vis 3M crystalline ? Tks :thumbsup:

het;816128 said:
mind sharing wat brand and spec of tint ur ride is on now and hows ur experience with it thus far ? vis-a-vis 3M crystalline ? Tks :thumbsup:

I'll report back when my tint is up... hahahaha

infratint boss say going to use few billion to acquire 3M business... sherman is da man.

infratint tint alot repeat business.... tearing down for inspection... see u soon.

kon;816132 said:
I'll report back when my tint is up... hahahaha

well, I have to warn you not to get too optimistic with other brands of film either.....as mentioned, film technology are pretty much undifferentiated nowsaday and the difference between films of equivalent / comparable specs will not give you heaven and earth difference....price perhaps, but not comfort.......

Having said that, do indulge us by sharing with us your experience wen your new film is up ya.....cheers :thumbsup:

Thought I'd just share my experience.

Been on 3M Crystalline even on my previous ride, so again with my new 3er went back to Danny and the boys at DS Specialty.

Got C90 on the front 3, and C40 on the remaining panels including sunroof. If you're going for a tint for the sheer blacked out look, then it's not for you. But if you're more keen on LTA compliant, effective film in terms of reducing heat in the car then in my experience the 3M Crystalline one has lived up to its reputation.

Yes it's pricier than some others... but if one is willing to spend more than $150k on a nice car, why cheap out by $200-300 dollars on solar film....

Lifetime warranty plus the workmanship and support from DS is great. Highly recommended.

Kon, any update please? Love to hear your comparison experience. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U888ink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back