recommended car waxing / paint protection?

Re: recommended car waxing / paint protection?

SpeedLover;553674 said:
Bro jnoelq,
Your ride looks fantastic man! Is SwissVax Concorso a paint protection solution? If so, how long is the "warranty" like? How much?

BTW, I notice you have special BMW logo breaking system on your ride. Did you upgrade from PM? Can share? How much etc... Thanks.

lkm;556246 said:
Hey jnoelq! How much did you spend? Thinking of doing my E90 too...

SwissVax Concorso isn't a paint protection, it's a wax. I had Meguiars M21 paint sealant done over my ride's original clear coat before having SwissVax Concorso applied.

Don't be taken in by the gimmicks of warranty, the ultimate 'warranty' lies in the hands of the owner in terms of care and concern for the car's paint work.

Total damage, $480/= incl interior cleaning, plastic care and leather pampering.

If you're interested to see the after effects of having SwissVax done on a car, YouTube's a good place to look into. Here's something for starters, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y28XiR7v-Xw]YouTube - Swissvax - Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock Wax Water beading.mov[/ame]

And yup those are the Performance Brake System, got them at PML during a promotion which sets me back $2.9k incl installation.

Cheers!

I will recommend 3mendouz at Bukit Batok Crescent... Reasonably price, cheap and good over the long run, as they utilize PPS treatment which uses a glass resin to protect your paint job over the next 18 months.

Has anyone here used Carworks aka Autoinc at rivervalley?
I used them once and the job done was just spectacular but the pricing wasnt sustainable - even with package coming to about 600 per session..and this was for my tiny Z4.

Hi guys, did my grooming at Detail Lab yesterday and see the result for yourself

yrwarrior89;557947 said:
Hi guys, did my grooming at Detail Lab yesterday and see the result for yourself

Saw ur Black Sapphire ride being worked on at Detail Lab, nice & wicked!

Beware, SwissVax Concorso is ADDICTIVE!

Hi. Can PM me the cost too? Do you think they can remove the hairline scratches that has built up over time from washing ?

Thanks
WL

Panerai5888;559538 said:
Hi. Can PM me the cost too? Do you think they can remove the hairline scratches that has built up over time from washing ?

Thanks
WL
depends on the seriousness. but most times no severe hair line scratches can be removed via buffing.

Anyone tried Car Times Car Care at Ubi? They use 3M products, wonder if it's any better.

Bring yr car to detail lab and let them examine yr car. The expert can tell u more

I was considering Detail Lab and was having a lengthy conversation with the owner over SwissVax durability. He personally details your car. 1st job for new black paintwork is $400 and includes paint correction.

Did pretty extensive research on both treatments. In the end i opted for Zaino @ Groomwerkz for $600 package. Reason being - synthetic product lasts longer than natural wax (especially in tropical climate) & covers paint pores better. Location was also nearer my home & more accessible. Absolutely no regrets one month down the road.

Decision is up to you but i'm happy with Zaino after bad experiences with PPS.

marklxw;559692 said:
Anyone tried Car Times Car Care at Ubi? They use 3M products, wonder if it's any better.

I have personally tried 3M product, the Car Times at Ubi, they were very good and their shine really last like 3-4 months. Effectively, I can do my grooming on the 5th month onwards. When they first started some years ago, very good price and good polishmanship...

Had a bad experience with them when I refused to sign up their package and opted for standard polishing when doing the third polishing, they damaged my window strips, luckily discovered when back to office and went back straight to them. Their worker said it already damaged. Told them my car is BMW and would I stick it back with masking tapes? What happen when raining and water gets in. The boss name is Samuel, he agreed that if there is any damage parts, his worker should inform owner immediately. Eventually they compensate..

Never go back to them then... too bad for 3M products.

Still looking for groomers using 3M products..

jnoelq;551655 said:
Hey vngooi, PMed you.

looks great..

can pm me the cost? thanks..

Thanks for the info, Sam.
I also read elsewhere that they after-sales service is bad. It's a nono for me then. I'm looking elsewhere for my car grooming.

-Mark

marklxw;565082 said:
I also read elsewhere that they after-sales service is bad. It's a nono for me then. I'm looking elsewhere for my car grooming.

-Mark

no no for me for GW. didn't extend my package with them anymore as the service sux. product wise, i am also not sure if they are well applied cos it didn't last.

my vote goes to detail lab or art-design.

cheers.

marklxw;565082 said:

-Mark

I have tried 3M products at Prospeed 2 days ago, result quite good. Fine line scratches gone..

How about trying something that doesn't require you to polish your ride anymore. Spray on film protection that gives you permanent gloss, bird droppings dont etch into the paint and swirl resistent?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vin7777comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back