recourse .....

marcus28

Banned.
Hi All,

urgently require your opinion regarding my friend's case.

On the 1st Oct , he has received his used car from a reputable car dealer. It is covered under 2 years warranty by main car dealer.

During his first week of the car procession, he realized that there is unusual noise coming from the engines, he then sent the car in for diagnostic.

On the 10th oct, the workshop technican advisor told him that it could be the bear/alternator starting to give way. So was arranged to sent in on the 17th oct for repair.

On the 16th oct, the car owner backside itchy, he went to installing a new car system into the car and sent in the car on the 17th oct thereafter.

on the 19th oct, upon the collection of the car, a different technican advisor told him that there's nothing wrong with the engine and pointed that it was the sound system was producing the unusual noise. my friend trusted him because initiatly there is existing stock sound system.

That very night, my friend was going to archive the routing to Malaysia from his new blackvue's video and he didn't realized that blackvue has recorded the audio conversation between two technicans while his car has sent in for repair.

This video's conversation revealed that the car has mounting and axles issues. It was raised to the warranty department for repair but was rejected.

furiously, the next day, he disable the sound system and confirmed that it is not the caused of the problem.

He called up the sales department to highlight his concern and at the same time, he passed the video footage for their reviewal.The car is less than a month old and he feel cheated for their unprofessional services.

Sales department told him that replacement or upgrading are not possible and trade in price is 30% lesser. Yes, we are talking about 40K depreicaion in less than a mouth.

he called up the CASE regarding the lemon law, but its stated that he required to let the reputable dealer to reactify the problem for at least 7 times before requesting for replacement. What they are able to do is just to writing a letter to them.

Until today, the technical department has not called him to send in the car for the 2nd rectificaion and he has highlighted the issue to most of their upper management.

What can my friend do about this?

1. Nothing that he can do about it and just them do the repair?
2. engaging a lawyer?
3. Leave it as it is and Uploading the video to youtube or any social website for public awareness?

What;s your thought?

Re: recourse .....

since got recorded video with sound bites
your friend should has a strong case ... isn't it?

he worried that the conversation from the technicans are not be able to help in the lawsuit.

Sad. Lemon Law is wayang. Still got to do due dilligence. I am not an expert, but maybe mounting is considered wear and tear replacements? Not under Lemon Law? Anyone can clarify?

Btw, which dealer???

I wouldn't dare to reveal yet. but you will be surprised

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting.. Hope to hear some updates from this thread. When I bought my car, I had to spend quite a sum of money to rectify a few problems.. Although now problems resolved, but thinking back, those car dealers damn evil.

marcus28;914238 said:
My friend has thought about it. But who can the dealer sue if they wanted to?

Dealer can probablybseek recourse from seller under sale of goods act...

Macam movie sia...

Mounting issues ? Exactly which mounting ?

Axle issues could be a safety concern though.

You need more facts.

Red_Bean_Bun;914258 said:
Mounting issues ? Exactly which mounting ?

Axle issues could be a safety concern though.

You need more facts.

Facts finding stopped at the video conversation , unless my friend send in to trusty workshop to gather finding again since till today was not repair

cannon;914248 said:
Dealer can probablybseek recourse from seller under sale of goods act...

Did he buy a merc?
U mean recourse from the first owner?
Doesnt sale of goods act only apply to businesses?

1. First thing first, how old is his car?
2. The 2 years warranty is a full or limited warranty? by whom (dealer or main car agent)?

Last edited by a moderator:

sad to say, used cars come with risks known and unknown. The test drives that we are supposed to take are really meant for potential buyers to check and listen to such noises.

Warranty if coming from car authorised distributor should be honored. Used car seller usually can't do much. They also never disturb the previous car owner whom they bought the car from to demand compensation if any. Not that I have heard of.

At this point, I guess the best thing is to understand why exactly was the claims rejected ( due to what reasons)? Is it reasonable? Because of the fact that they are willing to repair the car for other things like alternator means there are indeed warranty.

And move along that line. Threatening to sell the car is to your friend's disadvantage and massive disadvantage also. Be calm and seek/think of a best outcome to this unfortunate situation.

hi vegadonovan, in my own perspective, it's not about rejection of repair but it's the covering up. Judging from the videos captured, being a professional dealer/repairer, they shouldn't be compromising the drivers safety in order to save own cost or making convenient to themselves.

btw, we didn't revealed anything about threatening by selling....

marcus28;914640 said:
hi vegadonovan, in my own perspective, it's not about rejection of repair but it's the covering up. Judging from the videos captured, being a professional dealer/repairer, they shouldn't be compromising the drivers safety in order to save own cost or making convenient to themselves.

btw, we didn't revealed anything about threatening by selling....

Yeap, not right to cover up. like driving away after reversing into someone's vehicle. Same feeling.

Ok bro, try to get the best outcome and minimise the damage on your friend's side. And then take it as lessons learnt.

Good luck!

Just an update to this thread, currently his car was sent in since last Tuesday and currently still under repair. Courtesy car was provided.

if its still under full warranty by the authorised dealer, they should rectify it. if its warranty by the used dealer, its a limited warranty.

that said, a friend with a cracked brake light couldn't get it replaced under the 3 year warranty when sent to Munich Automobiles for servicing. this despite the crack obviously being on the inside of the casing, proving it was not due to accident or external force. it was actually there since day 1 but she only realized it was a crack when it became more obvious. otherwise it just looked like part of the light design. MA said the claim was rejected by BMW. who knows, but it wasn't such a big ticket item for her to argue with them.

but in my own experience with PML, they honor practically every claim under the 3 year new car warranty. engine mounts too. Never bought a used BMW but a used car salesman from another "authorised" used car arm did advise me that the warranty with the agent is not as comprehensive as new car warranties.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winofficial

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back