Red H8 Bulb

markbmw

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a red h8 bulb in Singapore or anywhere in the world ?
Looking for it for quite awhile.

If not possible, is it ok to wrap a red translucent paper over the bulb ? will it get burnt ?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Red H8 Bulb

red i doubt anyone would make them. blue, yellow, white yes, red no

if you cover in cellophane, it will burn in seconds.

red is for tail lights mate

That'll be hardcore! haha! Think shinobi from e46fanatics did it before...

yeah, ive seen it before too. But it is probably a H4, or something similar. H8 is fairly unique. So, supply and demand i suppose!!

actually, i want to get it to replace my e60 Lci angel eye bulb to get this look.

E60LEDMARKER-RED3.jpg

initially i thought that it was the same bulb as the pre-facelift version. therefore, i ordered from car-gym. until i tried changing it at BVO two days back, then i realised that the facelifted e60 actually uses H8 for angel eye.

so there is practically no way to get it red ?? heat resistant spray or anything possible ??

many thanks,
mark

Just to share some experience....
Currently mine is E60 facelift using H8 bulbs for angel eyes.
Didn't like the yellowish stock color; wanted to change to white or blue....
Red may not be legal in Singapore??
Tried Autobacs, only had white bulbs (no brand), cost ard 20 bucks. Color is ok but dimmer. So used them for my fog lights which turned out ok.
Had searched the net b4; found on ebay a slight bluish white bulb (luminics). However, color is still dimmer, but better than the local ones. So used them on my angel eyes. For some reason the intensity of the stock bulbs are higher, even tho all of them are the same at 35 W.
Hopefully someone can come up with something better. LED will be great!

jays;318795 said:
Just to share some experience....
Currently mine is E60 facelift using H8 bulbs for angel eyes.
Didn't like the yellowish stock color; wanted to change to white or blue....
Red may not be legal in Singapore??
Tried Autobacs, only had white bulbs (no brand), cost ard 20 bucks. Color is ok but dimmer. So used them for my fog lights which turned out ok.
Had searched the net b4; found on ebay a slight bluish white bulb (luminics). However, color is still dimmer, but better than the local ones. So used them on my angel eyes. For some reason the intensity of the stock bulbs are higher, even tho all of them are the same at 35 W.
Hopefully someone can come up with something better. LED will be great!

largest no. of LEDs is 36pcs.

Will it trigger off the i drive error code?
How much for the blue ones in H8?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuesankhau

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back