Remus or Sepring or ACS exhaust on E46 2.2L FL 2002

Re: Remus or Sepring or ACS exhaust on E46 2.2L FL 2002

hi bro, I went to autovox to hear the sepring from simulator. Sound good bro. how much you pay? Autovox quoted me 900 inc install. I'm deciding tomrw after the meetup.

Cool....

Earlier I meant my ride is quiet cos the valve is closed. It's an adjustable valve that allows you to control the loudness of your exhaust.

:whythis:

Need to collect the cert and go for inspection then go back to FK to open the valve... can't wait for that to happen... :whatthe:

Bros... I heard from someone at FK that the more you open the valve the louder it gets and the lesser the back-end pressure hence losing the low end torque. Is it true? He suggested that I keep it close or open a bit will do. Pls advise. :whattheh:

Then I'll wondering why the hell I want to change to Remus Exhaust if there's no sound.... :furious:

But felt the extra hp as well as the smoothness of the engine rev... :cloud9:

johntan1338 said:
hi bro, I went to autovox to hear the sepring from simulator. Sound good bro. how much you pay? Autovox quoted me 900 inc install. I'm deciding tomrw after the meetup.

i paid 1000 for the sebring one and its worth every cent. its loud if u ask me, dont know how it compares to the remus but i love it. heads do turn around when parking in a carpark cause its enclosed and the echo thru the car park is like WOW! this is awesome!

Yup agreed. Just had my sebring installed on my FL E46 318i. Sound is good and response improved. Also, noticed that I use to experience some "lag" when I uses shell 95, but not with the new exhuast. The chrome pipe and box is not bad looking too. The only thing is I wish I have a sport body kit to go with it.

Anyone could advise what should I do with my stock exhuast

Cheers!

//M said:
Yup agreed. Just had my sebring installed on my FL E46 318i. Sound is good and response improved. Also, noticed that I use to experience some "lag" when I uses shell 95, but with the new exhuast. The chrome pipe and box is not bad looking too. The only thing is I wish I have a sport body kit to go with it.

Anyone could advise what should I do with my stock exhuast

Cheers!

stock exhaust has seldom any use for anyone. but some pppl might want it. try posting in bazaar...

8884 said:
Bros... I heard from someone at FK that the more you open the valve the louder it gets and the lesser the back-end pressure hence losing the low end torque. Is it true? He suggested that I keep it close or open a bit will do. Pls advise. :whattheh:

What FK told you is true. I was the first one to install it last year & gave lots of feedback.

Opening the valve fully will give you very loud exhaust sound but pickup from stationary is horrible. Expect even a Vios to out accelerate you at a traffic light. Perhaps this setting should be reserved for the track.

Its easy to adjust the valve on your own, so just experiment with it.
For me, 30% open is about right for street use.

:helpp!:

Hmmm....

Thanks NightHawk and I'll look out for any naughty looking vios that creep by my side (I'll quickly come out of the car and off the valve.. hahhaa... guess I must have a spare tool beside my seat all the time). :yummie:

Interesting mod but has a price to pay. :whatthe:

Bro... honestly how long before did the agent got back to you? :singsing:

Will the entire cert process be smooth? Can I call the joker up and rush him? :singsing:

How about the LTA side? Will the tester give you hell becos of this? How much is the fee to pay? :argue:

I will remember about the 30% mark. :furious:

Actually I was thinking of 10% to 20% only for the smoothness and power. :whipper:

And I'll depend on the GruppeM for most of the noise, if not the entire block's residents will acknowledge my home-coming.... hahah.. :)

Seriously doubt they will be waving at me with flowers.... hhahah :)

Thanks again for your valuable input. :cloud9:

elmariachi, thanks for the ride today. i will go for the sepring since remus requires some valve adjustment. i may consdier the filter as well shinato if i'm not wrong.

still waiting for yr pm on the angel eyes and rotor/brakes. cheers mate, c u soon bro.

no problem man. i just think that u shld go for it and dun let that 6 pot be denied its true capability. Noise is noise. but at least u are identified. Lool!

See ya bro!

NightHawk said:
What FK told you is true. I was the first one to install it last year & gave lots of feedback.

Opening the valve fully will give you very loud exhaust sound but pickup from stationary is horrible. Expect even a Vios to out accelerate you at a traffic light. Perhaps this setting should be reserved for the track.

Its easy to adjust the valve on your own, so just experiment with it.
For me, 30% open is about right for street use.

hahaha.. bro.. i think that has nothing to do with ur valve, like wat i sed in my earlier posts, by only changing ur muffler... you will prolly not get any gains or losses (bhp). It's just that the gear ratio for BMWs are pretty long as for the toyato Vios smaller cc yet has a shorter gear ratio. Meaning if it was frm stationary, it'll prolly be ahead of u, but only the first 2 gears.. after that, you'll see u coming up.. he might not be very far upfornt of u but with the vvti.. try doing it on the run, say 80km/h... you'll see urself pulling away frm him easily.. and he not catching up. ;) just my 2 cents worth. Anyways.. i think supersprint wld be a gd choice for bassy and sportiness alll in.. and like wat Triple M sed.. the staggered setup is very nice.. IMHO.

hi bros,

Got my sepring exhaust already. Damn bassy bros. reasonated throughout the cabin.

elmariachi, b4 you got your air filter and after you instll the shinato filter, is the cabin quieter? i sat in yr car yesterday, it's quieter than mine now. due to the new air filter? i may install the air filter but brand not decided yet. any recommendation here? main issue: if it can lower slightly the bass i have now, it's most ideal. cheers mate.

bro my car was very noisy after the installation. it takes time for it to be seasoned and the sound will be more refined. the air filter is loud for my car after 3500 rpm and if u wanna keep the level down, settle for the drop in one then, it wont be loud. but ur exhaust needs 500km to season initally. so bear with it with the time being. but u shld know that ur car feels much revvy now. :)

While frankly speaking, it didnt really affect my first 2 gears actually, its responsive as usual(maybe more than b4(physcology, i hope not)). Its really bassy at 2000 to 2500 rpm. but the 3rd gear it really can drag easily to 80 to90 km/h easily. but damn bassy and no loss of low gear torque for me, i'm extremely delighted. Also want to thank joe tan of autovox for cming down to fk today and arrange for me the installation.

Ok bro, i will try for 500km first. unfortunately, cant try till next week till i'm bk to sin. Next project when i'm bk will be rims and change my orange light to clear. long way to go bro... never ending project i think ehh??

everything that has a start has a beginning....but Modding, i think not! so its a one way road, once u take it, its all the way to paradise. :)

elmariachi said:
everything that has a start has a beginning....but Modding, i think not! so its a one way road, once u take it, its all the way to paradise. :)

Hi,

I remembered you change ur exhaust to Sebring rite? Just wanna check..it is LTA approved rite?
HOw is the tone now?

Thanks

absolutely sweet. its loud and many ppl ask me if its even approved by LTA. but that little letter is sitting in my dashboard.

elmariachi said:
absolutely sweet. its loud and many ppl ask me if its even approved by LTA. but that little letter is sitting in my dashboard.

Hehehehee wonderful. Me still waiting for Ricky's call.Should be anytime soon.
LEts say sumhow or rather I decided to change the tips...is it still possible??

i am not sure abt changing the tips but changing the exhaust u wont bother abt the tips..:)

elmariachi said:
i am not sure abt changing the tips but changing the exhaust u wont bother abt the tips..:)

hmmmm..coz I kinda think on the long run..lets say me tired of the tip so might wanna change it to a different design .....

i think FK can always weld on different tips for you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back