Replace Stock Shock Absorber

Re: Replace Stock Shock Absorber

mcqueen;899757 said:
Hi Larry & Sinner,

PM sent for Workshop contact & the damage cost on OEM shock replacement.

Hi Mcqueen, can PM me the the damage n workshop pls tks

Hi Donworks,

Better go for a more reputable workshop.....
I have PM and warn those bro that has gotten the info from me.
As ii think they do not have the experience on BMW as they have tighten my lower arm wrongly causing my ride to be bouncier after installing the new shock, was rectified by Rodney from R2D after that....
I think do not risk just to save $$$ to go to cheaper choice... They may be good in Jap or Kor made but not BMW though.......

lkm;892160 said:
Quick review of the Koni FSD....

I've read that the FSD are meant to be paired with stock-height springs. Koni subsequently changed their position and paired it with the Eibach pro-kit for a lowered setup. Anyhow, I stuck with stock springs on my E90.

The setup somehow INCREASED my ride height! Possibly due to my old shocks being already worn out loooooong ago. I reminded the mech that the bump stops must not come into contact with the shocks during normal operation. Coz if it is so near and comes into contact with the shocks frequently, the FSD may be fooled into thinking its a "bump" and go into "soft" mode instead of "sport" or "hard" mode. The front bump stops were okay, but I had to trim about 1.5" off the rear bump stops (not in the picture).

Anyhow, handling was SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Possibly due to the fact I moved from worn-out OE shocks to the Koni's. Cornering turns are now MUCH more "confident", and car feels more "stable" at higher speeds. Normal smooth-road ride felt a little harder than what I would have liked - but then again it's probably what the "sport" mode should be.

Pot-holes still feel like.... well... pot-holes! Don't expect a miracle here. The damping was a little harsh over potholes, but I'd say certainly an improvement from my worn-out setup. The beauty of the FSD really comes when driving over speed stripes. Instead of a "thud, thud, thud" kind of feel, it's now closer to a "click, click, click".

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the shocks. The only thing that I'd need some getting used to is the increased ride height. When the mech first dropped the car back on to its wheels, we were literally SHOCKED by the height! I could fit all 5 fingers of my entire palm through the wheel well with room to spare!! And after driving around a little, and going through a few humps to let the new shocks settle, it came down to about 4.5-finger height - taller than my previous 3-finger height before the replacement. Anyhow, I'm gonna continue to let it settle over the next few days...

Will drive around a little bit more and provide updates (if any).

wah bro, kana poison already. PM me the damages pls ! haha

mcqueen;912256 said:
Hi Donworks,

As ii think they do not have the experience on BMW as they have tighten my lower arm wrongly causing my ride to be bouncier after installing the new shock, was rectified by Rodney from R2D after that....
I think do not risk just to save $$$ to go to cheaper choice... They may be good in Jap or Kor made but not BMW though.......

Tks Mcqueen, noted.cheers mate

To all the Bros above,

I have a set of used stock shock absorbers that is coming out of my ride this Thurs at Autovok.
You might wanna consider take over my shocks instead, cheaper for the change.

CONFIRMED No leak or knock sound at all. IN WORKING CONDITION!!!!
I'm changing to a new set of race KW coilover cos I needed a HARDER and FIRMER ride...

I'm asking for $200 for FULL FRONT & REAR SET - 4pcs. You could inspect the shocks before you wanna take them.
My ride is e90 - 325i. Anyone else needs them you could pm me and let me know.

larry13;889095 said:
Hi, need to replace my front & rear shock absorbers.
Can advise a workshop that provide a reasonable price.
Am driving e90 2005

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

998;912375 said:
To all the Bros above,

I have a set of used stock shock absorbers that is coming out of my ride this Thurs at Autovok.
You might wanna consider take over my shocks instead, cheaper for the change.

CONFIRMED No leak or knock sound at all. IN WORKING CONDITION!!!!
I'm changing to a new set of race KW coilover cos I needed a HARDER and FIRMER ride...

I'm asking for $200 for FULL FRONT & REAR SET - 4pcs. You could inspect the shocks before you wanna take them.
My ride is e90 - 325i. Anyone else needs them you could pm me and let me know.

Bro may I know how old are yr shocks?

i am also replacing my shocks on my 320i now after 6.5 freaking years. cant wait to collect car...kekeke

Hi ALL,

My FULL SET of e90, 325i stock shocks are OUT of the ride. Mech confirm no leakage or damage just used.
You're more than welcome to view them before you consider taking them.

C&C for now. You can drop me a call at 9829 1188. if you need them.

998;913550 said:
Hi ALL,

My FULL SET of e90, 325i stock shocks are OUT of the ride. Mech confirm no leakage or damage just used.
You're more than welcome to view them before you consider taking them.

C&C for now. You can drop me a call at 9829 1188. if you need them.

Bro, is 325i stock spring & absorber lower than 320i?

Hi McQueen,

Kindly PM me the workshop and damage pls? Thanks!

mcqueen;912256 said:
Hi Donworks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88network
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back