Replacement Key: For Information Only

Re: Replacement Key: For Information Only

for PI car i think you can try SOXXI located at toh guan they do replacement keys for lots of model you can check it out there

Hi Guys,

Just posting this for your information, in case you ever end up in the same situation like me.

Well, I lost my car key (E90, 320i) on friday. And did a check on what i need to do to replace the key, and how much it will cost.

Replacement of key is $180 and it takes 7 days to order and to be delievered.
Reprogramming of your key is another $50 bucks.
I am not sure if these prices includes GST.

you don't have to reprogram you key if you don't want to. But that would means that anyone who picked up your key will be able to take your car away.

If you are the owner of the car, you can just turn up at the part counter in PML and order the key, together with your IC and logcard. If you are not the registered owner, you will need to have an authorisation letter from the owner, His or Her IC, your IC and the logcard, to be able to order a new key from them.

Once it arrived here, the servicing department will call you to drive your car down, you will need to bring your spare key along for them to reprogram both the keys.

Well, like i say, this is just for information. I do hope none of you will be in the same situation as me.

Cheers
Henry
I just recently bought a 2006 Sequoia SR5 w 98k miles. Only issue which I didn't realize until I tried having a key made was the key that the small out of state dealer gave me was a valet key. When I took it to the Toyota dealership they said my only option was to replace the ECU & then get new keys made at a price of $576 plus tax! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Only key I have is a gray valet key. Just wondering if there are any for sure fixes to getting a reliable replacement key at a more reasonable price. Thank you all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomon3000
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back