Replacement of E46 aircon blower

drift838

Is the replacement of the aircon blower for an E46 a big job, i.e. remove dash and stuff? Suspect that the blower bearings are worn out and giving out a chirping noise :(

I am hoping that it is accessible from say below the glove compartment, and not too difficult a job.

Anyone with any experience?

TIA

Re: Replacement of E46 aircon blower

No way. Blower motor is the size of a small baby's bolster. You have to remove it by the dashboard way. Get a workshop to do it.

Make sure the dashboard does not creak after the job is fixed, sometimes the advisor will blame the local weather caused the creak but personally I think is a bad workmanship that s all.

Thanks for the feedback.
But was told that by PML that the blower motor can be access without removing the dash (either below the glove compartment or from the engine below the micro filter). So it seems that they don't know what they are talking about... sigh..

In anycase, if the dash has to be removed, should I take the opportunity to replace the coils as well.. car is 55k km and 4 yrs old?

Thanks guys

Hi,

PML must be think of ???.........I replaced mine a year ago by removing the whole dash board. Initially, they said that this could be removed from the engine compartment, then they called me that they needed another day because because they failed to do that.

OR unless they found a new way..........then good...

Got my car's aircon blower replaced at PML. The blower motor was replaced via the engine bay. The wipers, plastic trim uner the wiper, micro-filter and micro filter housing have to be removed. This will allow access to the blower motor carrier. The blower can be removed after opening the blower carrier cover.

I was so relieved that it's done from 'outside'. Otherwise, I may get new scratches on the internal trims. But for more 'serious' aircon problems, they will have to take the dash apart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back