Replacement Roof Lining

Re: Replacement Roof Lining

Definitely good value......

Girettom;412898 said:
Yeah... I asked about Alcantara as well. No go. Janice said it was too heavy and would pull the roof lining down and sag quickly (not sure how much truth there is in that, but at $300 a pop, could try a few different colours... hehe)

Just got the call... car is ready, going to check out the workmanship. The A, B, and C pillars are $20 a pop, and the roof was quoted at $280. Including the sliding bit that covers the sunroof. Going down the straight at sepang with that bit flapping around was no fun, I can tell you :)

If Alcantara is too heavy, is there any Alcantara "look alike" which is not so heavy?

Anyone with E92 and black headliner? Wanna swap for the normal grey one? I top up!

*No harm asking* :)

On colour choice... I was shown a swatch of around 10 samples. There were no leather/ alcantara look alikes (i think i'd want to figure out how to do the real thing if I was going to go in that direction). There were blacks, with a couple of finishes. I chose the dark grey as it was *identical* to the one I had: it matched the sun visors.

jinooi;412896 said:
i was quoted about $280 for alcantara wrap of steering wheel. but that's only because boss said it's extremely troublesome to do. she didn't even want to take the job initially unless i had spare steering wheel (cos car would have to be parked in the shop for at least 2-3 days).

drop by and have a chat with them. son is trackie-seow too. friendly people with good quality workmanship. don't think it will break your bank to do the headliner and pillar. only thing is that for the pillar, you might have to leave your car in the shop overnight - will have to work around the airbag and make sure that they do not accidentally trigger it.

Yes it is extremely troublesome to do it as alcantara is not strechable. It took me 3 day to get it done. will be completed tml. I did the handbrake and geart boot too with tri-sitching. will post pic when done.

How's the glue sniffing coming along??

Strong or mild??

Will get high??

kekekeke

'The Great White'

My roof lining started falling today!! Urggh....but nvm...good lobang i have here!! I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks!!

Crazy_;418723 said:
Yes it is extremely troublesome to do it as alcantara is not strechable. It took me 3 day to get it done. will be completed tml. I did the handbrake and geart boot too with tri-sitching. will post pic when done.

hey crazy, how's the alcantara headliner? some pics would be good. :)

spacie;425642 said:
My roof lining started falling today!! Urggh....but nvm...good lobang i have here!! I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks!!

go and let them know that you've been introduced by this forum. might get a better price.

and also pls post some pics when it's done!

alcantara pics +1

Just came back from 8 Cushion!

They did a fantastic job!!!

Lady boss also dam friendly.

Highly recommended to all here!!

Wanna change away the boring grey roof lining to sporty black....just look for them!!

They'll even spray the plastic bits to black for you for a small fee........

Cheers

'The Great White'

+1....fantastic job....friendly lady boss!!

I just had mine replaced this afternoon too, and happen to bump into wilson too!

I took some pics, I'll find time to upload them soon. :)

spacie;425962 said:

I just had mine replaced this afternoon too, and happen to bump into wilson too!

So nice to see you there bro!!!

Catch up again soon yah!

Cheers

'The Great White'

spacie;425962 said:

pics +1 boys did you get it done i alcantara or look alike?

this post is timely i am just looking for a vendor to fix my own sagging roof lining as well...cheers~

Hi I am new to BMW, I own an Alfa 147......my roof linning also fall badly. Does 8 Cushion do for alfa?

You should give them a call. When I was there I saw an audi so they are not exclusive to any marque.

Btw my roof lining still as good as the day it was installed by 8 cushion ... Still happy

Nice job bro! And great review with pics :goodup:My 6yo Megane 's roof sponge has also started to disintegrate. Looks like I can pay 8cushion a visit soon :shock: :thumbsup:

Girettom;438962 said:
You should give them a call. When I was there I saw an audi so they are not exclusive to any marque.

Btw my roof lining still as good as the day it was installed by 8 cushion ... Still happy

Girettom;412931 said:
OK, got it back, looks as good as new... really chuffed. There were a number of areas where, before, the fabric was rolling back (around seatbelt B post) etc. and these now have lovely finished rolled-edges. The roof is immaculate, and the sunroof cover even better. Even though the clips have all bust (common problem on e46 sunroof cover) the sunroof holds in place because of the renewed spongey covering. I won't have to hold on to the roof now as I launch from the lights :)

All the bits that were bubbled or sagging have gone. Proud once more.

I'll take a couple of pics and post them.

any car can go there, i saw porsche and many other makes in that shop...can nego the price with them...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back