Replacement Roof Lining

Re: Replacement Roof Lining

and even cars from m'sia visit the place too! apparently they'd rather pay a bit more (after conversion to sgp $) for the quality and workmanship. besides, the range of materials and colours are also more than what's available up north.

that's how good they are!

My Alfa 147 roof relining done by 8C is good. Now need to find time to do the door panels.

Apologies for resurrecting this thread... Anybody who went recently can give comments? Workmanship still good? Price? My E60 just turned 5 years last Dec and the roof lining suddenly sagged after coming back from polishing workshop.

I was there just last week at 8 Cushions near Queenway Bukit Merah.

What I can say is, the prices have gone up dramatically. It used to be $240-$250 to fix the roof lining just a few years back.

Now because they are slightly more popular, it cost $380 to do the roof lining. When I said, it only cost $250 2-3 years back, the owner referred me to Ubi.

Anyway their choices so so. They didn't have the original color and texture (Grey) for my BMW 7 Series.

I went to classic leather at 53 Paya Ubi. They had better selection. Exact material as my original. They asked for $300, I bargained for $280. Still haven't done as I found using shirt pins (like sewing pins) does a good job of holding it up.

iDrive;1110169 said:
Apologies for resurrecting this thread... Anybody who went recently can give comments? Workmanship still good? Price? My E60 just turned 5 years last Dec and the roof lining suddenly sagged after coming back from polishing workshop.

I had done my roof lining at 8C last year and i would not recommend anyone to go there. Price slightly more expensive compare to Ubi area and the workmanship is so so only. I did there only because is nearer to Jurong where I stay and work.

Thanks gordongekko and blacktrek!

I also chanced upon "Auto - Interior Upholstery Services" based in Kaki Bukit with several good reviews in mycarforum. Has anyone used them before?

Have used Jason from Auto-interior before. Their work is good, although Jason (the boss) may seem aloof initially, he is actually a nice guy.

Why not drive there and check with him?

Good luck!

iDrive;1110211 said:

I also chanced upon "Auto - Interior Upholstery Services" based in Kaki Bukit with several good reviews in mycarforum. Has anyone used them before?

Anybody has other available price quotations to share?
Been considering changing for a bit. .. found 8 C a bit pricey.
Cheers

peckhs;1110458 said:
Have used Jason from Auto-interior before. Their work is good, although Jason (the boss) may seem aloof initially, he is actually a nice guy.

Why not drive there and check with him?

Good luck!
Thanks! I actually went ahead and contacted him oledi. Did the roof lining on Thursday. Workmanship quite good but just found a light stain on one of the pillars - need to get fabric cleaner to clean it off.

Incidentally I also got him to respray the panels at my steering wheel buttons area. Initially I thought he did quite a good job until I realised later that there was a light scratch mark that's obvious esp under daylight due to the way light reflects off it... Tried to use a soft pencil eraser on it as I thought it was just a pencil mark or something and now that part is more glossy than the rest (which is matte). Haiz...

iDrive;1110546 said:
Thanks! I actually went ahead and contacted him oledi. Did the roof lining on Thursday. Workmanship quite good but just found a light stain on one of the pillars - need to get fabric cleaner to clean it off.

Incidentally I also got him to respray the panels at my steering wheel buttons area. Initially I thought he did quite a good job until I realised later that there was a light scratch mark that's obvious esp under daylight due to the way light reflects off it... Tried to use a soft pencil eraser on it as I thought it was just a pencil mark or something and now that part is more glossy than the rest (which is matte). Haiz...

Maybe can go back & ask him to rectify? I'm sure they can provide after sales service ya..

how did they spray the steering wheel area ? I am curious as i am looking to cover the chrome area of my steering wheel & gear knob. thanks.

I did also checked the shop in Kaki Bukit. I was quoted the same price as 8cushions. $380 to do my roof lining.

I asked a second time, what is the lowest you can do? He insisted again $380 is the best and already very good price.

iDrive;1110211 said:

BMW75;1110556 said:
Maybe can go back & ask him to rectify? I'm sure they can provide after sales service ya..

how did they spray the steering wheel area ? I am curious as i am looking to cover the chrome area of my steering wheel & gear knob. thanks.
Need to find time to go back so I decided to use Goo Gone lightly and the stain has come off. Have to live with the glossy part on the panel of the steering wheel though.

According to him, he had to remove the panels to respray and after fitting back, send to another workshop nearby to do some reset for the airbags although I dunno if he was referring to the ones on the pillar or on the steering wheel.

gordongekko;1110601 said:
I did also checked the shop in Kaki Bukit. I was quoted the same price as 8cushions. $380 to do my roof lining.

I asked a second time, what is the lowest you can do? He insisted again $380 is the best and already very good price.
I was quoted similar price as 8C as well but $30 lesser than you most likely cos mine is a smaller car. Anyway I decided to go ahead cos I couldn't stand the sight of the sagging roof lining anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Personalizedgiftsforu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back