repolish alloy wheels ?

S

smug

I just managed to scrape the rim of my genuine BMW alloy on a curb. :mad: Depressed or what !
Anyone have any expereince of companies in Singapore who can re polish sections of alloys ??

Re: repolish alloy wheels ?

Give Yew Lip a call. Most of us go there to get our rims done up. The address and telephone number can be found on the workshop link which is located on the top right hand corner of the page.

Felt sorry, bro, but is yours with a matt lip or polished lip? Matt lip could well be fixed by Yew Lip at a cost of $25 per rim, but if it is a chrome finish, then it could be a problem.

How long would it take to repair a slight scrape on the rims? What about semi-glossy rims?

If not too busy, typically couple of hours work...
semi glossy shud be easy to do.

kenntona said:
Felt sorry, bro, but is yours with a matt lip or polished lip? Matt lip could well be fixed by Yew Lip at a cost of $25 per rim, but if it is a chrome finish, then it could be a problem.

Thanks for the replies $25 sounds like a bargain considering how depressed i was when i did it.

Its got that kinda shiny painted look - Standard BMW 160's I'm guess its lacquered alloy - its not chrome . however its 180 degrees of scrape right on the edge of the rim where it meets the tyre so i'm guessing the tyre will have to come off. Us E90 folk have no spare OR jack so no way to take the wheel off and leave it there.

Anyway you have to admire my precision - 5mm to the left i'd have missed it all together, 5mm to the right i'd have had enough rubber to drive up the curb :)

With the advice from the great people on this forum, I got 2 of the rims touched up by Yew Yip. By appointment, I brought the car in during lunch, and picked it up in the late afternoon.

Excellent job!!! Extremely happy with the result. Highly recommended.

Ex what do they do - i called up and they said they paint the wheels ?
I figured it would be a grind and polish job

They sanded and filled up the scratches (which was quite bad on mines), and painted on top. I'm not sure if the painted the whole wheel (I doubt they did). But the end result was superb.

ex3 said:
They sanded and filled up the scratches (which was quite bad on mines), and painted on top. I'm not sure if the painted the whole wheel (I doubt they did). But the end result was superb.

How much did it cost you to get that done?

I believe the minimum per rim is $25 for a small scratch. If the scratch is bigger, then they might charge a little more, say $30.
Its up to $80 per rim if you decide to spray the entire rim (inside & outside)

Hi There, Not sure if am posting in the correct place, please bear with me. New here. Where would one go to buy Black alloy rims for a X3 in Singapore? Any advise on the make etc would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Omie

Omie;280919 said:
Hi There, Not sure if am posting in the correct place, please bear with me. New here. Where would one go to buy Black alloy rims for a X3 in Singapore? Any advise on the make etc would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Omie

u post in the wrong thread.. a 2005 thread smemore.. haha.

Anyway, i m sure those rim workshop in the resource page will have what u want. call them to enquire.

Have been going to Yew Lip as u know,,,, low profile rims always kana scratch.... Called them up today and they say they will not be free till after new year. Wah Lou!!! Want my rims to look good during Chinese New year leh. Anyone else know who can do touch up job on rims???
Thanks thanks.

Rays-Sin kaki bukit, but only alloys, no painting i think

can try sin keong trading @ yew tee industrial along woodlands rd..refurbished my curb rashes..top notch but at a price..look up the resources page for their contact nos..its better u take a trip down to their workshop. .price per rim $30-$120 depending on the work to be done.

Thanks Bros, for all the contacts. Mike done my bodkit but now his workshop is swarmed with cars and he got no time to do it until after Chinese New Year....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8xbet_1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back