review of hurricane drop in air filter

carpolishservice

am contemplating abt replacing my stock air filter (e46)....tried k&n and itg but both are really lousy...only work well in the beginning...there after sticky oil all over air box...considering hurricane now as there are no oil....only problem is the need to clean and wash for every 5k? thats quite alot of work considering bmw maintainence is 25k....

other than that, wonder whats the review from guys who might have tried....any diff in FC and power? esp low end torque...if significant enough, might worth the try for the work...

am also thinking of doing up grounding and adding volt stab (Dspec)...any review?

thanks....

Re: review of hurricane drop in air filter

ITG is super oily indeed and requires a more frequent maintenance than normal.
K&N requires much less (prob 50,000km) but of course u can always wash it as and when u wish to. And in my experience, it's not oily at all. I hv used both definitely like the K&N more.

Would like to hear the review on Hurricane too.

With regard to low end torque...
Generally as long as it's a drop-in filter in a stock box, the low end torque is hardly affected when u go after mkt filters. It's only the open pod filter that's likely to cause a loss in the front end but a decent gain in the mid to higher end.

Why don't u try that Hurricane and let us know how it goes...Be adventurous a bit man..keke...

Re: review of hurricane drop in air filter

haha...i have been hating myself since falling into marketing ploy on knn and itg...top panel drop in will always be top panel drop in...seems useless to me at all...dont want to waste money...anyway, i personally think bmw stock filter is already quite good...

stupid hand...stop taking out money...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back