Reviews for Z3

anguswholesale

Hi, I have been searching the forum for z3 reviews by members. it seems to me that i cant find much.

Can anyone here offer some opinions about z3? I'm looking at the 1.9l version z3.does z3 come with stock manual transmission too?

thank you.

Re: Reviews for Z3

First thing to understand is that you should ignore all the bullshit in the car magazines. Sure, the Z3 is no boxster, but it's still better to drive than 95% of the crap on our roads. They look great --- nice and low --- the handling is just fine, the build quality is excellent --- most of the ones you see around look 5 or more years younger than their true age. The only catch is that they are severely underpowered in my opinion. If you don't care about that, I would say go ahead. PML brought in both manual and automatic; the manual is much better but there are very very few of them around.

i see.underpowered. that is what i observed for 1.9l too. how abotu those 2.5l version? for the z3 im not too much into performance. I am more interested in its handsome looks.

Not too sure about the ones with bigger engines. The 1.9s are very reliable so it may not be worthwhile going upmarket for such old cars. I would guess anyway that since there are so few left on the roads, you may not have much choice! Or am I wrong?

Been driving a 1.9l auto 2002 Z3 for 4 over years, no regrets, great fun and attract a fair bit of attention. Even now, still got kids and adults alike, request to take pic with the car.

Good luck in your search.

the car is relatively problem free except for the sliding seats, and for the first batch of pre-facelifted ones the M5 design m steering wheel tends to melt in the sun.

i recommend the facelifted ones as the engine is more competent and you get additional padding for your roof. watch out for rear windscreens that are badly taken care of.

Just want to know how many out there are still loving their Z3 and keeping them at all cost?

Sliding seats are caused by the worn seat bushings. These bushings can be replaced. It is a tedious job but once done, the seats are rooted like when they were new.

The Z3s are very reliable and a joy to drive. Old school and handling equivalent to the fun of the E30 M3. I do not agree to comments on the outdated suspension set up, because on most occasions, the same people have raved about the E30 M3 setup.

I'd go for the six cylinder models ... they purr like a kitten and bite like a dog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back