Rich Sporeans

Re: Rich Sporeans

good bonus this year????

cheers

It means our economy is really doing well for the Singaporean Elites and the Expats. Still it should be a good thing isn't it? A country that is so small and the buying power is quite good or should I say the elites now are more into Charging Bull rather than the Prancing Horse??

when COE hits $100k mark and above, more luxury and sport car will be on the road :thumbsup:
at least at traffic light can take a peep of the V8/V10 ... :D

SLA employee?

Would be interesting to know the loan quantum / leverage ratio of these new cars. A car salesman once lamented that our leverage ratio on cars is phenomenal.......

if govt say... CASH PAYMENT ONLY.... NO LOANS ON CARS ABOVE 1M...

50 become 3-5 cars max

haha ... why would the gov want to do that ?
the gov loves richie rich to invest bungalow in sentosa cove with yacht and drive lambo/ferrari on the road to make Singapore looks like Monte Carlo

Terry;599867 said:
if govt say... CASH PAYMENT ONLY.... NO LOANS ON CARS ABOVE 1M...

50 become 3-5 cars max

Last edited by a moderator:

Manageable higher road usage benefits the coffers of the consumption tax (ERP) collectors. Jams and accidents formed the tougher-to-manage part of their gameplan. But hey, as long as your boss is not on the road during peak hours, your KPI will be met !!! Easy to present a picture of smoother flows based on abstract statistics like average speed on CTE and what not.

As for ownership, credit risk involving over-leveraging is handled by consumer banks. Road tax is paid for to the tax collectors again. More cars, no harm to them, as long as the road consumption pattern is manageable.

don't quite agree in this statement. the problem at wall street is because every bank is not doing their job in risk assessing. when it comes to "conflict" kpi .... risk or revenue ... one tends to go for another ... no need to guess

that's why regulation is required to step in. another quote that i read is the problem with BP oil spilled is project risk is self regulated by corporation (aka risk assessment). but again when KPI comes in .... risk vs profit ... which one got priority. BP oil spill is labeled as one of the major man made disaster for 2010 with shoddy work and extremely high risk

kenntona;599872 said:
As for ownership, credit risk involving over-leveraging is handled by consumer banks. Road tax is paid for to the tax collectors again. More cars, no harm to them, as long as the road consumption pattern is manageable.

There are banks who could lend an exotic car owner high loan quantum, much higher than a mortgage loan scenario based on shorter tenor projection. Who undertakes this sort of credit risks? LTA? Or the banks?

Wtknow, I think what Ken was trying to say is that credit risk is bear by the banks, not garmen's problem, ke ke.

Oops Ken replied already, me slow to type. Robot fingers slow....

car loans is small factor of bank loans so of cse they simply lend & not bothered with bad loans. Property is the major interest income & since properties are a sensitive & political factor, MAS wld regulate.

pls dont compare car loans to property or energy industries, ikan bilis vs whale.

Take huge loan with close to 2 percent flat rate on 1mil plus supercar with exponential depreciation is just plain stupid..

People want face that much?

Then again u see the kind of car kenna re-po.. Sometimes u also wonder what's going on in the guys" mind

Terry;599891 said:
Take huge loan with close to 2 percent flat rate on 1mil plus supercar with exponential depreciation is just plain stupid..

People want face that much?

Then again u see the kind of car kenna re-po.. Sometimes u also wonder what's going on in the guys" mind

most who play supercars dont take loan. y is everyone talking abt taking a loan on a supercar?

golfgti said:
most who play supercars dont take loan. y is everyone talking abt taking a loan on a supercar?
Really? I am not so sure. At least I know a few supercar owners who are highly geared.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go886net

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back