Ride feels bumpy.

chenqing

my bimmer was a sports edition 318i. It comes with the sports suspension n 17" light-alloy rims. On the road, passenger on the back can feel bumpy...is it due 2 the suspension??? which r rigid..??? pls help...

Re: Ride feels bumpy.

i think so... it's "Sporty" hehehe...
i think the 17" rims play a part as wel

Yes if you change to 18" rims, it will more bumpy that 17"

The reason your ride is bumpy is mainly due to the sports suspension that comes with the sport edition 318i.

You may want to check your tire pressures to see if they are not overinflated. For the correct pressures, check the sticker on the inside of the driver's door. 1 bar = 10Nm.

However, the sports suspension will definitely give you a firmer ride.

chenqing said:
alrite...i will go check it out...thx thx...

Hi

You may want to consider FSD dampers that will give you a higher degree of Comfort level comparison to the OE set up as well as in terms of performance will be equivalent to the sport suspension performance as well

Furthermore, this FSD works very well with 17 inch tyres and above because this FSD is develop accordingly to bigger rims. Therefore, cars changing to bigger rims will compromise the comfort level and having FSD dampers will solve the problem

Please call Seeto at mobile 9685 2969 for further enquries or andy at 90402770

chenqing said:
my bimmer was a sports edition 318i. It comes with the sports suspension n 17" light-alloy rims. On the road, passenger on the back can feel bumpy...is it due 2 the suspension??? which r rigid..??? pls help...

hi there.. when i had my car... sports edition like urs.. the back has always been bumpy, stiffer and lower u see... it's normal... already very comfy ...

andysam said:
Hi

You may want to consider FSD dampers that will give you a higher degree of Comfort level comparison to the OE set up as well as in terms of performance will be equivalent to the sport suspension performance as well

Furthermore, this FSD works very well with 17 inch tyres and above because this FSD is develop accordingly to bigger rims. Therefore, cars changing to bigger rims will compromise the comfort level and having FSD dampers will solve the problem

Please call Seeto at mobile 9685 2969 for further enquries or andy at 90402770
hello.......whats FSD? is it damper? do u have for other make beside BMW ???

FSD refers to frequency selective damping (FSD) whereby it is an intelligent shock absorbers that develop accordingly to the frequency of the car so that the damping force will adjust automatically accordingly to the driver style and road condition due to a special valve in the dampers controlling the oil flow. If you will want more information, you can contact at 90402770 or visit the website at www.koni-fsd.com.

Yes, in order to check for other continental cars applications, please contact 90402770

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
66vnworld
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back