Rim Repair and Resoraying Recommendations

Ronkovic

Hi Bros,

Was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for the abovementioned.
Looking at respraying my rims because the I guess over the last couple of years, the brake dust has eaten into the laquer of my HM2s, turning it yellow.

Appreciate your feedback and rough idea of the price.
Thanks!

Re: Rim Repair and Resoraying Recommendations

Yew Lip will be the place for you. They do a very good job in respraying rims. Price per rim should be around $70-$75 if my memory serves me rite.

hold on !!!!

I think your problem can be resolved with just using sport rim cleaning solution. I tried the BMW ones and it works . A piece of old scotch green wool from the kitchen will do just fine to scrape it out..

The reason I guess your rims looked yellowish is because you have been washing them with normal car body shampoo. The brake dust cannot be perfectly removed. while some had been removed, the stubborn ones tends to leave a slight shade of yellow on the rims over time.

Try out my method before going for the respray.

Hi Rodders and Trogen,

Thanks for the advice and recommendations! :)
Will pop by Eng Soon to get the BMW rim cleaning thing and try Trojen's method to see if it can work. Keeping my fingers crossed as from the look of the stained laquer, its quite badly stained.
If that fails, will do the respray.

Rodders: Just to check, for the prices above, do they include doing some touch ups on kerb rash as well?

The price includes everything. Your rims will come out looking brand new and you'll fall in love with your "new" rims.

rodders said:
The price includes everything. Your rims will come out looking brand new and you'll fall in love with your "new" rims.

yes.... but remember to call Angie n make an appt... n not forgetting the whole full works of doing up n respraying ur rims will take 2 days to finish k....

Hi Ronkovic,

Pls update the results once done..... I have the same problem with you, brake dust diffused into the rim surface and cannot be wash off :-(

Hi Woods,

Beside the existing humming sound, I have the same problem on rim surface issue (caused by brake dust).

May consider to re-spray the rim too after the solving of humming sound/ tyre issues.

Hi Woods,

Beside the existing humming sound, I have the same problem on rim surface issue (caused by brake dust).

May consider to re-spray the rim too.

Hi All,

Just to feedback. Went to Yew Lip and got the rims re-sprayed. Great job by Angie and her guys.
Nice to see the rims looking new and all he kerb rash restored.

Next up, is to re-chrome the dishes of the HM2s to give it the 'bling' chrome look. Found a place that can do it for $80/rim, but thing is gotta hunt for an temporary / extra set of wheels cos' they will only take in the rims without tyres to do the job.

Ronkovic said:
Next up, is to re-chrome the dishes of the HM2s to give it the 'bling' chrome look. Found a place that can do it for $80/rim, but thing is gotta hunt for an temporary / extra set
of wheels cos' they will only take in the rims without tyres to do the job.
Congratulation to your newly looking rims !!! As for chrome-plating your rims, are your HMIIs matt chrome (polished) or chrome-plated (chrome)? I dun remember HMIIs being chrome-plated. Cause if it is chrome-plating, it will not be so cheap.

Ronkovic;122381 said:
Hi All,

Just to feedback. Went to Yew Lip and got the rims re-sprayed. Great job by Angie and her guys.
Nice to see the rims looking new and all he kerb rash restored.

Next up, is to re-chrome the dishes of the HM2s to give it the 'bling' chrome look. Found a place that can do it for $80/rim, but thing is gotta hunt for an temporary / extra set of wheels cos' they will only take in the rims without tyres to do the job.

Hi, Ronkovic, mine is a PGII rims and had it resprayed and would like to re-chrome the dishes. Can you tell me where to get it done.

Is Yip Lip the best place to restore/repair rim; I just scratch my 162 rims today... (damn)!

Please advised.

And thanks in advance!

overlord9898;169526 said:
Is Yip Lip the best place to restore/repair rim; I just scratch my 162 rims today... (damn)!

Please advised.

And thanks in advance!

So far I have sent my rims there 3-4 times(different cars over several years) and they all come out looking great so I must say that to me they are the best place to go to. Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back