Rim Wrap

Calvin West

Hi guys, just got a E60 recently and decided to change my rims to black. However its pretty costly so sourcing for other alternatives. Do any workshops in sg offer wrapping of rims in black(Plasti dip)? Instead of powder coating i would prefer something reversible and cheaper also. Any advise from the bros here???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rim Wrap

some rim shops help spray paint your current rims to black...or get a used set of rims and get it spray painted to the colors you want...more cost effective right?

spraying rims is like $80 per rim or lesser, expensive meh?

Powder coat is expensive tho..I think abt $1k .spray is the most cost effective for sure

bonsoir;1002514 said:
some rim shops help spray paint your current rims to black...or get a used set of rims and get it spray painted to the colors you want...more cost effective right?

Not reversible leh bro...

silverbrown;1002855 said:
Do these coats or sprays last long? Do they scratch and show the underlying rim colour easily?

IMO i think they do i had my rims sprayed on my dads car above 5months back no signs of paint peel.

jasonmaxima;1002538 said:
I think plastidip spray paint can cost few dollars... DIY expensive meh??

My skills not good surely got unevenness one then the finishing not nice liao....

Respray rim 17" about $170+-, plastidip won't last long as it could peel off after heat, stone chip and bad weather.

Plastidip doesn't peel under heat. In fact it's elastic.

As for those that's worried about unevenness, plastidip is very "forgiving" to over spray unless its over till it streaks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back