Rims and Tyres recommendations for 5 series (E60) ?

jerte3

Hi guys

im driving a 523i (E60) with a 17" normal rims (about 1 yr old). thinking of upgrading to a new set of maybe 19". any suggestions or recommendations on rims, tyres, workshops etc. ?:juggle:

RIMS
NB: im comptemplating BMW Model 167 (for M6 series), Model 166 (for M5 series) or the AC Schnitzer Racing Type 4. looking interesting include Breyton Magic or Spirit? how about Hamann Anniversary I?

also, i understand there are original and replicas (cheapest Taiwan made and also got Italy made). example i understand say the original AC Schnitzer Type 4costs about $1600 per rim while a Taiwan replica costs like $300+ per rim. Any views or suggestions for the newbie (i heard potential problems like vibrations, noise, cracks? )?

TYRES
I also understand there are no 19" run flat tyres available. Any good 19" tyres to recommend for value for money. Im being recommended Dunlop/ Bridgestone 19" costing about $400 each? suggesions? i went to AC Schintzer website and they are recommending Continental and Michelin.

WORKSHOP
I only heard about KBS Motorsport at Sin Ming - any feedbacks or other recommendations

Truly appreciate any feedbacks and Gong Xi Fa Chai
jerte3

Re: Rims and Tyres recommendations for 5 series (E60) ?

u can try hankook tire from korea.its very popular in germany they hv abt 10% of germany market so it should fit yr ride well. anyway HAMMAN Technology is fitting this tire on their vehicle.

I'm also hunting around for 19" rims, any ideas if the normal rims not m6 rim from 6 series will fit the 5 ?

Yes they will.

TripleM;180696 said:
Yes they will.

With the upsize rim, during hard cornering, will the tyre kiss the inner wall ? Or it's ok with the stock suspension.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8xbet_1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back