Rims mod (^^,) Yes.

Re: Rims mod (^^,) Yes.

skconefivefive;900606 said:
nice rims you got there...was looking for rims yesterday, went to top93 but was treated like sh*t..left with unhappiness. anyway, still moving around to find nice rims for my beautiful 116i...

This is you? - Bad service from Top93, ubi - MyCarForum

nice rims you got there...was looking for rims yesterday, went to top93 but was treated like sh*t..left with unhappiness. anyway, still moving around to find nice rims for my beautiful 116i...

Great first post!!!

I am still looking around for rims, maybe buy 2 sets of rims @ the same place cheaper??

bu88l3kid;900644 said:
How's the ride on 19" Rims, some shops says that is will brush the tyres?

Hi brother bu88l3kid, so far so good. nice and steady. But when @ the parking lot need to be more careful coz it might scratch the rims. Will be heart pain. Riding wise not bad, @ all. Cheers. (^^,)

Welcome to BMW. U my wanna check the 5 series forum. Suddenly famous! ....

Just a quick sharing session. Last two day my tyre got noise & I rush to TS Auto (Sembawang road). Ask them to check & WOW... a big tack, the Idrive didn't prompt me at all coz tire didn't run out of air. Well, TS Auto (Sembawang road) repaired for me & did the balancing for all tires.
At the end. I really peace in mind, the best thing is TS Auto (Sembawang road) didn't charge me at all coz they told I'm their customer & in additional, they gave me the 4 pieces of BMW rims cover coz I told them one of my rim cover loose already.
Yes... this is the services that we want which meant money can't buy !
Meantime, FYI, so far I'd changed to 19" rims & it didn't brush my tires at all.

Whats your offset?

19x8.5j et45 all round with 225/35 r19 tires?

I am thinking of 18x8j et40 with 225/40 r18 all round.

Last edited by a moderator:

bu88l3kid;900644 said:
How's the ride on 19" Rims, some shops says that is will brush the tyres?

Offset determine whether will rub or not.

However running 19" rims have to use very thin profile tyres ie 225/35 and/or 255/30

Zacky7514;921494 said:
Fuel consumption affected with 19 inch bro?

Think full tank can go for 600km. depend on your ride style brother Zacky. (^^,)

ccc;921497 said:
Offset determine whether will rub or not.

However running 19" rims have to use very thin profile tyres ie 225/35 and/or 255/30

Exactly brother , 19" rims with 225/35 and/or 255/30 offset 8.5.

Think of changing to a wider tire and rims coz original 205/50/17 appeared not so stable especially in wet condition.

Was advise by Ray to use Breytons staggered rims front 225/40/18 n rear 255/35/18 with non run flat.

But worry tat I will in deep trouble if tire puncture n staggered rims means can't rotate tire therefore running cost will be high.

Any bro here is still on run flat tire after change to 18" or 19" rims? Is it a good idea to change to staggered rims? Not intend to spend so much on rims therefore need advise and suggestion for some good n not so expensive rims n tire.

Ivan Chan;929805 said:
Think of changing to a wider tire and rims coz original 205/50/17 appeared not so stable especially in wet condition.

Was advise by Ray to use Breytons staggered rims front 225/40/18 n rear 255/35/18 with non run flat.

But worry tat I will in deep trouble if tire puncture n staggered rims means can't rotate tire therefore running cost will be high.

Any bro here is still on run flat tire after change to 18" or 19" rims? Is it a good idea to change to staggered rims? Not intend to spend so much on rims therefore need advise and suggestion for some good n not so expensive rims n tire.

consider the big advantage of run flat tyres since you could drive to the nearest shop to change
Recently I had a flat tyre upon reaching my guest's hotel, drove from Orchard to Balestier and
change one tyre, and then proceed to dinner before driving my guest to the airport.
No a single bead of sweat.

Ivan Chan;929805 said:

Sg is too small to worry about non rft. The savings for non rft should b able to cover 2xtow trucks liao hehe. How often do we encounter a flat tyre if we check tire pressure regularly.

As for wet condition, narrower tires actually better when comparing to same type of tires. Wider tires are better in dry condition.

ccc;929819 said:
Sg is too small to worry about non rft. The savings for non rft should b able to cover 2xtow trucks liao hehe. How often do we encounter a flat tyre if we check tire pressure regularly.

As for wet condition, narrower tires actually better when comparing to same type of tires. Wider tires are better in dry condition.

My wife was driving her 116 in a mscp wet flooring n the rear wheel skid when cornering. So intend to change to a wider tire size for safety reasons. The current 116 came with conti 205/50/17 tire n wonder whether is it a good tire to use?

I personally prefer a rft for lady driver to save up tire puncture problem. In addition, I am also worry that driving up north in non rft will be a problem.

Any bro here can suggest a good match of tire n rims for our 1er?

Car skid could be due to uneven wear of the tires. As i said, wider tires will skid more easily during wet condition.

Rft tires choices are quite limited. Ur stock tires should be s001 rft? Imo, pretty decent tires. Go to workshop and check on the tires. Can ask for pricing between rft vs non rft too. Difference in price can be $300-500

It is not necessary to change to bigger and wider tires and rims if it just for skidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back