rims to clear brembo gt

adliz

hi people,

has any e46 m3 owners fit brembo gt on their ride? i've been searching over other forums and most of them are using custom wheels.. i'm however sure many here have been toying with the idea.. mind sharing the info on which rim wud clear the brembo? let me start off:

1) 19'' m3 evo oem (stock) - confirm can, cos i have this on loan
2) bbs ch ???
3) volk racing progressiv me ???
4) bbs rs-gt ???
5) hartge classic 2 ???
6)

Re: rims to clear brembo gt

2) bbs ch ???
Ans. Clear. U just missed the sale in our forum recently for M3 specs

Ans. Clear. I saw the rims for E39 one and looks so much clearance on the spokes.

4) bbs rs-gt ???
Ans. 19in clears

5) hartge classic 2 ???
Ans. I hv seen the rims before and looks like it doesnt. Hamann PG2 and 3 clear.
ACS all hopeless, Breyton is equally hopeless too.

6. DPEs all clear coz they are custom made ( u hv to fill in the form to indicate if you want to put BBK , Coilover things like that )

7. Prodrive GCO7C....ehm...clears but only comes in 18in

8. Kinesis K19/K19R clears

9. HRE all clears...again, similar to DPE stuff

Too many to list man...

yup.. thanks man..

got myself a set today.. shud arrive 2-3 weeks..

What rims u got in the end?

TripleM said:
2) bbs ch ???
Ans. Clear. U just missed the sale in our forum recently for M3 specs

Ans. Clear. I saw the rims for E39 one and looks so much clearance on the spokes.

4) bbs rs-gt ???
Ans. 19in clears

5) hartge classic 2 ???
Ans. I hv seen the rims before and looks like it doesnt. Hamann PG2 and 3 clear.
ACS all hopeless, Breyton is equally hopeless too.

6. DPEs all clear coz they are custom made ( u hv to fill in the form to indicate if you want to put BBK , Coilover things like that )

7. Prodrive GCO7C....ehm...clears but only comes in 18in

8. Kinesis K19/K19R clears

9. HRE all clears...again, similar to DPE stuff

Too many to list man...

Hi bro, wow you seem really knowledgable with the Brembo GTs and rim clearance. Need your help.... I too would be fitting Brembo GT's with 355mm discs up front. Currently have got the 2 piece Harman HM2's , and am intending to change to the BBS RK with offset of 38. Would the Brembo GT's clear both the Harman and BBS?

Tks!

HM2 is a one piece rim...and yes, the rims clear BBK.
BBS RK won't clear. U need spacers.

Hi bro, thanks for the info. My Hamann's are 2 pc 18inch 8.5 width. Any idea what is the model? Have been lookin up websites but quite a few of the Hamann's look the same. Btw, is the BBS RK much lighter than the 2 pc Hamann's which looks like the HM2s?

Alphamale,
Best is your post the pix then we can figure out from there. BTW, how cud u not know wot rims u got?
Anyway, from your description it looks like it's Hamann PG2 and if it, then it clears big calipers.

BBS RK is lighter than Hamann rims by miles.

didnt know this thread is still alive.. i got myself the rs-gt.. shud be arriving soon, i hope!!

alphamale, yeah.. tripplem is the guy to ask if u have qs on wheels n tyres.. :D

Hi TripleM, yup just got the car about 3 months ago and the rims came with the car. Would try to take a picture of the rims and post it here.

In your opinion, would it be worth getting spacers so that I can fit the Brembo GT 355mm setup under the BBS RK? Do you have any lobang for spacers? :)

Well, if u like your rims vm and wanna keep them, then u dont hv a choice but to use some spacers to clear the calipers.

Having said that, it's equally important to have the same spacers put at the back to maintain the handling balance of the car especially if you are not running a staggered set up.

Where to get spacers?
I usually source from the US. Plenty of vendors out there incl www.zeckhausen.com
or www.turnermotorsport.com or www.rogueengineering.com

Cheers

Adliz
Congrats on the new wheel. Should look great on your silver color ride.

Ok thanks bro. Would go scout for some wheel spacers. Thanks for the info. Cheers!

Hi,

Not sure if this thread is still alive, but just to try my luck.

I'm trying to get a set of Brembo BBK 6pot F 355mm/4pot R. However am uncertain if my 335 stock OEM style 189 rims will fit. Any advice?

rudefann;612222 said:
Hi,

Not sure if this thread is still alive, but just to try my luck.

I'm trying to get a set of Brembo BBK 6pot F 355mm/4pot R. However am uncertain if my 335 stock OEM style 189 rims will fit. Any advice?
This thread is 5 years old.

Ha.. But you saw it. Hopefully i can get someone who got this same issue or knows of a solution for me. Thanks!

Oops. I just saw that you are the admin, so of course you can see it. My bad.

They will clear. Have seen others on stock 335 wheels with bbk.

Thanks buddy! Appreciate that. Will confirm that with the mechanics doing my bbk installation. Currently goin with Boss Motorsports.

It's official! My 189 style 18" can't clear 355mm brembo bbk. :( caliper a tad too big.

rudefann;655007 said:
It's official! My 189 style 18" can't clear 355mm brembo bbk. :( caliper a tad too big.

time to upgrade rims?

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88quest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back