Roof Water Leak

Hi, driving a e93. Anyone encounter water leak at the point of connection where the top of my windscreen connects to the side windows? When it rains super heavy, there will be 1 -2 drops of water sipping in from that point. Anyone knows if i can fix tt rubber part or must i change the whole rubber seal ah?

Re: Roof Water Leak

I had the exact same problem. I used enough black silicone sealant. I had to use a few layers to build up enough to mate against the other rubber seal.

@limitdown: it wont affect the opening and closing of the roof ah? where did u get the sealant from may i ask?

The additional black silicone hasn't affected the roof's opening and closing. I bought a tube from Home Fix DIY store. They sometimes don't have the black one, so you might need to search a bit.

Another area to check is the hinge (see attached pics) . The nut and roof stud holding down the hinge were so badly corroded that they were breaking apart. PML refused to touch it in fear that they would damage the roof and be liable for a $20k new roof assembly. I did months of my own research and discussions with my WS before we finally did the fix.

As our E93's get older, I'm expecting more issues with the roof.
I've started a preventive maintenance routine for the roof. Every 3 months I use Einszett's Gummi Pflege on all of the rubber seals and I use CorrosionX oil on all of the metal moving parts.

The roof actually scares me a lot more than the engine. Most decent workshops know how to rebuild an engine and set the timing, but very few shops know how to fix a our hard top.

View attachment 72504View attachment 72505View attachment 72506

limitdown;1130939 said:
The additional black silicone hasn't affected the roof's opening and closing. I bought a tube from Home Fix DIY store. They sometimes don't have the black one, so you might need to search a bit.

Another area to check is the hinge (see attached pics) . The nut and roof stud holding down the hinge were so badly corroded that they were breaking apart. PML refused to touch it in fear that they would damage the roof and be liable for a $20k new roof assembly. I did months of my own research and discussions with my WS before we finally did the fix.

As our E93's get older, I'm expecting more issues with the roof.
I've started a preventive maintenance routine for the roof. Every 3 months I use Einszett's Gummi Pflege on all of the rubber seals and I use CorrosionX oil on all of the metal moving parts.

The roof actually scares me a lot more than the engine. Most decent workshops know how to rebuild an engine and set the timing, but very few shops know how to fix a our hard top.

View attachment 72504View attachment 72505View attachment 72506

Hi Limitdown, may I know where did you get the Elinszett Gummi Pflege? Thanks!

I bought it online from Amazon US. They ship to Singapore for free if you order more than $125 worth of qualified goods. I also buy big 1 gallon jugs of Meguiar's polishing, waxing and washing products. Awesome deal compared to buying locally.

Reactions: Sel

Hi Benjamin, I believe I have the same prob as yours. May I ask if you had solved your prob?

Recently when I try to open my roof, sometimes the right side get stuck at the tips whereas the left side had lifted up. Not sure what is wrong. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys... I have been having similar issues with my car also. The solution would be to replace the roof rubber lining due to wear or if u think they are still in good condition try apply Gummi Pflege to treat and clean the area. But you'll need to make sure some reliable guy does the replacement or else it's going to get worst due to the sensitivity of the convertible roof.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Sel, are you talking about water leak or the stuck during opening?

Hi Sel, are you talking about water leak or the stuck during opening?

Water leak in the edge especially front "A Pillar" and the rear. So far no stuck issue. Opening mechanism still going fine bro[emoji16] [emoji16]

Recently when I try to open my roof, sometimes the right side get stuck at the tips whereas the left side had lifted up. Not sure what is wrong. Any advice?

U may want to send the car to the authorised dealer to do some adjustment bro.... very technical thou. Simple mess up and you end up with leaking all corners. Suggest get back to the dealer it self. They have the service instructions and tools

Thanks Sel, but mine is a PI car. Anyone has any recommendation of any reliable workshop who can repair the roof?

Any recommended workshop that can check my roof mechanism?

When to a workshop, they told me that my roof alignment was out that cause it to leak and issues opening at times. They tighten the screws for my roof and no issues opening and no more leak. Hope this help for anyone with the same issue.

When to a workshop, they told me that my roof alignment was out that cause it to leak and issues opening at times. They tighten the screws for my roof and no issues opening and no more leak. Hope this help for anyone with the same issue.

Which workshop did you go for the fix

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Slight leaking on my e93 too. Both Passenger and Driver side.

I noticed that the exterior rubber has retreated abit possibly due to heat.

Would like to know the workshop to head which can realign

Hi simcooo, after realignment, the leak did came back during heavy rain. That means that my rubber has harden. Will require to redo the rubber.

Look for ah Hua from Best Maintenance workshop at Synergy XB L6. He is very good and that's was precise this problem that he discouraged to buy a convertible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789mx
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back