Safe and easy shopping mall in JB?

Bandu W

Hey,

What is the easy (and safe to park) shipping mall in JB, for a Singapore driver to spend 3-4 hours and buy some things like medicine (phamacy), cloths and gifts?

I am not much of a driving-through-city person. So, I like to come in to JB from Woodlands and do a clean-shopping and go back safely.

I have passed through JB couple of times but I never stopped there.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
:helpp!:

Bandu

Re: Safe and easy shopping mall in JB?

Aeon Tebrau City is quite a nice place with Watson's, Jusco hypermarket and quite a few branded fashion outlet available... among the shopping centres in JB tt's the one which I feel most safe in... ;)

City Square is safe also ba ~

Great! I am going to check out both. Thanks! I assume those two malls got car parks. So, I don't have to park at the road side, or look for parking coupons, etc.

i think shopping in malacca safer, but 200km away from jb.

Darth Vader;609855 said:
i think shopping in malacca safer, but 200km away from jb.

That is not a bad idea to combine shopping with extra 2-3 hours of driving. I have done that once, and liked it :)

Kota Tinggi also got few shopping places (not for branded stuff) but driving there through traffic is not something I would enjoy.

Bandu W;609866 said:
That is not a bad idea to combine shopping with extra 2-3 hours of driving. I have done that once, and liked it :)

Kota Tinggi also got few shopping places (not for branded stuff) but driving there through traffic is not something I would enjoy.
If u really 1 2 drive, u could exit @ pagoh. From Pagoh, it is fun to drive thru B road. Don't drive into Muar. There is bypass. After Muar, u could drive up to 150km/h (if ball enuf).

davidtch;609892 said:
If u really 1 2 drive, u could exit @ pagoh. From Pagoh, it is fun to drive thru B road. Don't drive into Muar. There is bypass. After Muar, u could drive up to 150km/h (if ball enuf).

Thanks!

In Melaka, what are the shopping malls where I can easily drive into and safely park?

leekokshiong;609708 said:
City Square is safe also ba ~
CS.. Me & friend went 60mins for lunch , new honda accord kenna break in, lost our laptop & projector.

Bandu W;609896 said:
Thanks!

In Melaka, what are the shopping malls where I can easily drive into and safely park?
U could either go to Pahlawan or Aeon Jusco. Pahlawan car park has limited space. Aeon Jusco has lots of car park space.

davidtch;609955 said:
U could either go to Pahlawan or Aeon Jusco. Pahlawan car park has limited space. Aeon Jusco has lots of car park space.

In (posh) places like Aeon Jusco, can I buy medicine without prescription? (my family needs many daily medicines costing about 400 dollars per month in Singapore - if you are wondering why I am asking :). In Malaysia they cost only half)

Bandu W;609969 said:
In (posh) places like Aeon Jusco, can I buy medicine without prescription? (my family needs many daily medicines costing about 400 dollars per month in Singapore - if you are wondering why I am asking :). In Malaysia they cost only half)
To the best i know, i think can.

Valet park.......safer......at most valet drivers steal your Touch n Go card nia.

no offence. but i feel its best to shop in spore or anywhere else but JB. Dont we feel that Sporeans or our cars have become a constant target? Some may feel its because we are so over-sensitive or over-protected in a safe environment that when we encounter such thefts,robbery or worse outrage of modesty, we blow things out of proportions. If we have to even post a thread to ask where is safe to shop/park in JB, then why bother go in the first place? going there means taking a chance. Yes, we may encounter such unfortunate events in Spore but the possibility is much more remote and is the relative cheaper goods worth the security of your family or life? just my view. dont mean to spoil anyone's shpg mood. Just felt that we always have to be extra careful when it comes to gg to JB for recreational activities.

iScoupe;609911 said:
CS.. Me & friend went 60mins for lunch , new honda accord kenna break in, lost our laptop & projector.

Never never leave laptop, camera, bags or whatsoever in car when in JB, irregardless of where you are, irregardless of how many security patrolling. Those guys have their way of sniffing out targets and they do smash and run real quick. As long as you keep to this rule you are ok in JB. Trust me, i stayed in JB for 2 years and my car window got smashed only once :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahbengdriver;610116 said:
Valet park.......safer......at most valet drivers steal your Touch n Go card nia.

Don't think I will ever use any valet service in Malaysia.

My neighbour recently drove up north for a short holiday with his family over the xmas period and stayed in a 5-star hotel in 1-Utama, Petaling Jaya. He left his Merc S350 with the valet thinking it would be safer than parking the car himself. The next morning when he tried to collect his car from the valet, they couldn't locate his car within the hotel compound. After viewing the CCTV footage the hotel still couldn't explain why the car went missing when it was park right in front of the entrance the previous night. In the end the hotel arranged for my neighbour and his family to fly back to SG.

If a car can go missing in a 5-star hotel, don't think i can trust any valet service up north.

I guess, there is definite threat to nice looking cars up there - especially in the cities. Well, my idea is to go there only "few times" a year. It is true that odds of something happening is very little, but if we go there too many times, enough odds will get accumulated eventually for something to happen.

Also, we are kind of pampered in Singapore, and finding it hard to accept what is out there as "normal". In case of cars, we have a good excuse because our cars cost 5 times more than elsewhere. So, we have a right to be 5 times more paranoid than rest of the world :D

i must have been lucky...i frequent JB weekly for recreation, and havent gotten my cars stolen, vandalised, or otherwise defaced..:)..

i just take the usual precautions: valuables WITH ME IN MY BAG.... and no single items anywhere in sight... never had any trouble..:)

though i personally know people who have had cars stolen (couple of LExus)..FOUGHT with the thieves (Suzuki Vitara i think) etc.. but i still think its more fun up north..:).

hehhehe

gwumpkus;613149 said:
but i still think its more fun up north..:).

hehhehe

100% agreed. What is the life without a bit of a risk anyway.

gwumpkus;613149 said:
i must have been lucky...i frequent JB weekly for recreation, and havent gotten my cars stolen, vandalised, or otherwise defaced..:)..

i just take the usual precautions: valuables WITH ME IN MY BAG.... and no single items anywhere in sight... never had any trouble..:)

though i personally know people who have had cars stolen (couple of LExus)..FOUGHT with the thieves (Suzuki Vitara i think) etc.. but i still think its more fun up north..:).

hehhehe

Yup, that is a pretty accurate description of "risk" level in JB
The danger is real, but it is targetted. Stick to the basic safety precautions and do not let your guard down, then you're ok. I do understand many who grew up in Singapore find it unnecessary to be subjected to such risk... well... to each his own

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vin7777comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back