Schoolboy's Car Dreams - Name the top 3 brands

centurion

When we were young, or at least, when I was young, I had 3 brands on top of my list as the stuff of car dreams:

Ferrari
Porsche
Lamborgini

Is this still the stuff of dreams? Or has at least Porsche fallen, or something else went up? Like, perhaps Porsche is so commonplace today, Maserati has risen up, maybe Pagani, or the Alfa 8C is so cool that it replaces everything else on top.

I speculate that today's top 3 is:

Pagani
Ferrari
Mclaren (even with only 1 car!!!)

What's your take?

Re: Schoolboy's Car Dreams - Name the top 3 brands

What I dreamed about when I was a schoolboy is too rude to be mentioned in this forum ...

schoolboy dream? I had this one red haired teacher........

LJ GTR XU1 Torana
XY GTHO
Morgan, dunno why

My dream car was an 1973 Beetle 1300 vert with my first GF in it. Too poor to dream about supercars. Achieved that dream in 1996. But the Mexican gearbox...... Haiz.

confirmed you'll be flamed. cos your top 3 don't have nick's favorite.
nick will say Lamborghini FTW, that's for sure

kenntona;268926 said:
My dream car was an 1973 Beetle 1300 vert with my first GF in it. Too poor to dream about supercars. Achieved that dream in 1996. But the Mexican gearbox...... Haiz.

actually, i really dig beetles to. I was just talking to my missus the other day about buying an oldie, say a 1957 or something similar. fold down gear leaver!!
Spent some time in Mexico for work, you can have any colour beetle you want there as long as its red!!

is batmobile a brand? cause i really wanted that as a kid.

I never had any dream car, is disappointing. sigh!...

acupunch;268932 said:
I never had any dream car, is disappointing. sigh!...

didnt you want the barbie dream van?

i never dug beetles because someone in the family definitely had it. In addition, it was REALLY cramped for me even as a kid, and being the idiot I was then, I never dug the sound of the flat 4.

But I always dug Mercs, even though it was commonplace, with the 230.6 at the top of my wishlist (not to mention the 600 which was what I was always watching out for). Once I bought my own though, things started to go downhill for the 3 pointed star brand.

But I was not talking about our own dream car here ... I'm talking about cars you stuck up posters of, cars which made your day when you saw one, cars you flipped the car mags just to see them, cars you went to the motor show for.

Grew up drawing Countach :)

centurion said:
But I was not talking about our own dream car here ... I'm talking about cars you stuck up posters of, cars which made your day when you saw one, cars you flipped the car mags just to see them, cars you went to the motor show for.
Perhaps my notion of a dream car and yours are somewhat different. I wanted a car that I could share with my loved one. Plus, I dare not dream about supercars. I dun think everyone dream about supercars. It is not a statistical improbability. It is human.

For heaven sake I could not afford to even own a car mag or attend a motorshow....... only played those plastic soccer balls under the block..... barefooted.

phil;268935 said:
didnt you want the barbie dream van?
didn't even know what's that... i was given coca cola tin can as toy back then sigh!

centurion;268954 said:
Nowadays drawing GTR?

GTR is not a beautiful car. It is an engineer's car IMHO :laughlik:

Besides Countach (and older sports cars) were less curvaceous.. more angular, easier to draw.

i agree with Ken, in fact i still dont dream about any supercar.

My dream car now would be a chev dually pickup. flamed and lowered.

DoggieHowser;268961 said:
GTR is not a beautiful car. It is an engineer's car IMHO :laughlik:

Besides Countach (and older sports cars) were less curvaceous.. more angular, easier to draw.
anyway, after all your posts, are you going to change avatar soon or not?

Too young to dream about luxury cars then, just liked to play with police cars and toy cars.

While I could never afford a Ferrari or Lamborghini when I was young (nor will I be able to from the look of things), I understand where centurion is coming from :)

My Dad was a petrolhead as much as I was, and I grew up with a staple of US car magazines (often peppered with scantily clad girls! haha so you can imagine what a heady mix the fast cars and fast women made during my younger years)

ps I just remembered another car I dreamed about.

The Lancia Stratos.

Did anyone else play those "card games" with specs of all the top cars (they also had sets for airplanes/jetfighters/navy ships etc)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
typhu88loan
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back