Scratch marks on handle panel

Tantalus

Hi guys, I noticed tt there are some scratches on my handle panel (on the inside) of my car. I seriously don't know what caused it cos I don't wear rings and never placed anything in the panel groove before.
Seems to get worse than when it first started to appear.
I've attached a photo for reference.

Just wandering if there is anyway for me to touch up and if it is a common problem for E90?

Would appreciate if anyone can offer me any advise.
Thanks much.

Re: Scratch marks on handle panel

its quite common actually. colour fades over time from moisture on our palms.

have reccommended this mobile touch up guy who does leather and other interior parts to another bro in the forum and he was very happy with the job

94795115 (Tuck Foo)

oh ic. thanks for da reply. feel much better now cos I thought I was lousyat taking care of my baby :)

Tantalus;522458 said:
oh ic. thanks for da reply. feel much better now cos I thought I was lousyat taking care of my baby :)
no worries.

or better still change new ride. hehe

If bought within 2 yrs from PML, they might replace it (mine was). The peeling is very common in E90 and E60. I consider it a defect or very poor quality finishing.

tom_ting;522778 said:
luckily i have the area clear bra.
u gotta be kidding! u saw it coming?

Mine started peeling after about a year, if still within warranty period, just send back to PML they will replace it. since replacement it has been 2 yrs plus, all good no more peeling.

Slater;522782 said:
u gotta be kidding! u saw it coming?

haha damn right!

this problem started to appear in 2006, i saw this problem from E90post.com.

So, as my driver handle still in one piece i went ahead to clear bra it....:nehnehhh:

SILVER;522791 said:
Mine started peeling after about a year, if still within warranty period, just send back to PML they will replace it. since replacement it has been 2 yrs plus, all good no more peeling.

u r damn lucky la, change within warranty period. for ppl who run out of warranty, the entire door panel need to be replaced as the stupid handle is moulded into the door panel as 1. So,
the damage would be roughly around SGD1800-2000.

tom_ting;523048 said:
haha damn right!

this problem started to appear in 2006, i saw this problem from E90post.com.

So, as my driver handle still in one piece i went ahead to clear bra it....:nehnehhh:
wouldnt it be shiny then?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slotmpo99id

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back