Scratches found on car when collecting car from workshop.. Can complain?

fu3g0

Need advise from seniors, very new at this. (first time fixing up bumper etc..)
left my car at reputable workshop to fix up my bumper and rear diffuser today.
upon collection, noticed some scratches at bumper just below passenger side headlight.
(scratches seems like light brush against something)

from what i recalled, was cleaning stains off my car bonnet in the morning after heavy shower at car park and was admiring my bumper for e last time at workshop before i left the car, there wasnt anything.

the scratches was pretty obvious that i can notice them from a distance when i collect later in the evening.
workshop say its there but probably due to dirt, i didnt notice.
Didnt make a big fuss out of it cos im still puzzled by it and was late for my dinner appt.

After thinking about it e whole night, it just doesnt make sense to me.
It was raining heavily this morning and cant be
  1. i failed to notice while i was cleaning the bonnet at my office car park before i drive over?
  2. admiring it before i left, even took some photos just to see the "before" and "after" effect n not notice? (photo was dark cos of lighting effect. couldnt really see)
  3. the heavy rain would have washed away "dirt" isnt it? how could it still be "hidden"?
  4. the scratches was so obvious that i noticed it from a far when i collect my car n failed to see anything before that.

i didnt want to jump into conclusion hence wanna seek all your advise what should i do?
cause its kinda unfair to me in my view.
* Sincere issue n not trying to take advantage of situation just because they didnt check my car for scratches before taking over. Cause i know some workshop does that just to protect themselves.

Had sms the person, waiting for his reply.

Thanks
(dont wish to mention workshop name as i dont want to wrongly accuse them as well)

Re: Scratches found on car when collecting car from workshop.. Can complain?

bro...
in my humble experience, I noticed that the standard procedure when removing bumper (for painting in this instant) is to protect the edges of the bumper (especially the area under the headlight area with tape to avoid getting scratched by the sharp edges of the headlight when they push or pull the bumper during removal. It is the same during installation as well.

If the workshop failed to do this, then they have not followed the best practices that reputable shops would. Yes... you can complain, at least i got mine fixed when I raised it as an issue with the workshop manager.

Regards,

Alamak. Sad sad
Nvm. I show u my new toy

How come u never go ask them 1st? I have had my fair share of scratches and small dents after installing bodykit or other stuff and if they are small ones and you didn't notice them, then u can always go back there to tell them and ask them to do patching up work.. If the workshop is reputable then they will do it because customer's pride is their pride as well.

Red_Bean_Bun;981054 said:
got pic ......?

20130418_130739.jpg

The scratches below the senor

MW;981098 said:
How come u never go ask them 1st? I have had my fair share of scratches and small dents after installing bodykit or other stuff and if they are small ones and you didn't notice them, then u can always go back there to tell them and ask them to do patching up work.. If the workshop is reputable then they will do it because customer's pride is their pride as well.

I did ask him on the spot.
He claim that it's there when they took ov but probably it's covered by dirt hence I didn't notice.

But that morning heavy rain leh.. Was cleaning it abit before I left it at workshop.
Still can't believe I didn't notice earlier on until I collect e car.
But I didn't want to wrongly accuse them either.
Msg him but no reply so far.

if a reputable workshop denies responsibility or does not even "on goodwill" basis try to do something, then tat reputable workshop is not worth going to.

Take ur money somewhere else.

Example in point...and I am also biased on this one...

Grooming fine scratches by Revol. I tell them, I dun hear them denying or giving alot of excuses. Randy and Gavin, squat down, inspect, screams at their workers to come, re-do everything, FOC, inclduing the parts not affected. In fact, whole care re-groomed and no more scratches. If have, they say, they spray for me FOC as well.

This is Reputable. My money goes to them. no need to nego one.

MW;981122 said:
if a reputable workshop denies responsibility or does not even "on goodwill" basis try to do something, then tat reputable workshop is not worth going to.

Take ur money somewhere else.

Example in point...and I am also biased on this one...

Grooming fine scratches by Revol. I tell them, I dun hear them denying or giving alot of excuses. Randy and Gavin, squat down, inspect, screams at their workers to come, re-do everything, FOC, inclduing the parts not affected. In fact, whole care re-groomed and no more scratches. If have, they say, they spray for me FOC as well.

This is Reputable. My money goes to them. no need to nego one.

Sadly not my case. Didn't offer anything and say they charge $80 to spray.
He didn't even bother to check w his worker if they might hv accidently scratch it.

Till now, no sms or calls from workshop.
Was busy the whole day. Probably call tmr to see what they say.

Should just spend the 80 bucks elsewhere to patch up
not worth feeling confused

Last edited by a moderator:

golilok;981187 said:
Should just spend the 80 bucks elsewhere to patch up
not worth feeling confused

And dun go back there...

Dun confuse. Call them and send them the pic. I had my fair share before as well. But if there insist its not their doing then so be it! ( but tell us where hor!) Then take yr money else where.

Sicnal;981192 said:
Dun confuse. Call them and send them the pic. I had my fair share before as well. But if there insist its not their doing then so be it! ( but tell us where hor!) Then take yr money else where.

Yup, will be calling him tmr n see what he says.
He is kinda recommended n I don't wish to jump into conclusion when it could be some misunderstanding.
Wouldn't say which workshop until I give him a chance to explain. Just to be fair.

See if theres any update tmr.
Honestly, im not really bothered by the scratches or need to spend money to spray.
Just abit disappointed, after all they are recommended n I would expect better way of handling this n also buay song that they just brush me off n push e fault to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w9betgroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back