Seat Memory going crazy

kopi_o

My seat position is set at Memory 1 and my wife's at Memory 2. If I am using my own key there is no problem but if my wife is driving with her key and I take over, pressing Memory 1 does not take me to the correct position. The same thing happens if I am using my key and my wife takes over and presses Memory 2, it goes to the wrong position.

Shouldn't the seat etc. move to the respective position when the memory button is pressed regardless of which key is being used? Or are there a separate memory positions for each key. The seat usually goes to the correct position when unlocking with the key. The problem arises when I switch drivers!

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Is this normal?

Re: Seat Memory going crazy

If I'm not wrong, each key has it's own pre-set memory.

rodders said:
If I'm not wrong, each key has it's own pre-set memory.

That's good and bad. It would mean setting up my position for my wife's key but it means that there are effectively 4 seat memory positions. It didn't work this way in my X5 and E39 so I thought something was wrong! I was thinking of sending the car to PML for the latest software to fix it. But this would probably cause other problems....

Maybe you can go there and get them to program both keys to the same setting. Shouldn't cause too much problems to the car I suppose.

Knowing PML, I think it is safer to program my seat memory position for both keys.

My E90 has similar thing. I think the newer version, the car seat memory goes by the key.
Also, take note that all of your sound system settings are also key dependent, meaning, that each key has its own setting.

yes, I didn't have that on my old e46 before.

For me, I program both seats manually to have the same value. Good or Bad? it depends...

Wonder if anyone has a user guide for the programmable key which gives information such as what functions in the car are customised. For e.g. I know the radio pre-set channels, air con setting are programmed to each key. Somtimes I wonder why have all these advance and (wonderful?) feature and not let the owners know how to operate or maximise the use of it.

kopi_o said:
My seat position is set at Memory 1 and my wife's at Memory 2. If I am using my own key there is no problem but if my wife is driving with her key and I take over, pressing Memory 1 does not take me to the correct position. The same thing happens if I am using my key and my wife takes over and presses Memory 2, it goes to the wrong position.

Shouldn't the seat etc. move to the respective position when the memory button is pressed regardless of which key is being used? Or are there a separate memory positions for each key. The seat usually goes to the correct position when unlocking with the key. The problem arises when I switch drivers!

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Is this normal?

Just to share my limited knowledge. My ride is the FL E46 and the PML salesperson explained it this way when I bought it.

Key A when used to unlock will trigger the seat to move to Memory#1 for Key A. Assuming that's you, and your wife's preference is Memory#2. If she drives, then she has to press Memory#2 to get to her preferred settings.

If Key B is used to unlock, then the seat moves to Memory#1 for Key B. This is entirely different from Key A. So in short, you have to program Mem#1 on Key A and Mem#2 on Key B for your preference. And your wife has to program Mem#2 on Key A and Mem#1 for Key B for her preference. This way, when she users Key B to unlock, she doesn't need to do any adjustments. Likewise for you when you use Key A to unlock.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back