Sebring exhaust on E60 - my account

stektan

Hi,

Just want to share with the people here about the recent installation of Sebring exhaust for E60 in case anyone interested to find out more. Anyway, after i installed the AC rear lip, the stock exhaust tip looks really tiny and totally out of place.

exhaust1.jpg

Really does not look good and so decided to go look around for a nice LTA approved exhuast and the usual suspects were rounded - Remus, SS and Sebring. In terms of looks SS and Sebring is better as Remus is not tapered down. However, what eats the cake is that Sebring is almost $500 cheaper than the other two. In terms of sound, Sebring is supposedly softer than the other two. Given I had a really loud ride last time, decided that Sebring would be about right for the image of 5 series.

exhaust2.jpg

Did mine at FK and car was hostled up to reveal a really large muffler for the 5 series. Was quite shocked actually! What I was pleasantly surprised as I had the chance to study the undercarriage of the E60 is that most part of the undercarriage is covered, which provided better aerodynamics at high speeds. only the mid pipe from cat down as well as the rear was exposed. The front part was very well covered, like most high performance race cars.

exhaust3.jpg

Here's the pic of the Sebring exhaust...build quality is pretty good and I was impressed with the tip size. In order to fit the new muffler tip, they have to actually sever off the orginal muffler after the cat, which I was not so happy with as it means putting back the original muffler next time will require considerable welding.

exhaust4.jpg

Anyway, the Sebring has a larger pipe that slips into the orginal pipe and then clamped down, which works well enough, i guess. No welding was involved. The whole process took only about 25 mins and 5 mins later, I drove off with my exhuast done and the legal papers in my hand. Need to still go Vicom for inspection though.

exhaust5.jpg

Here's the final look - the pic does not do justice to the exact exhaust - it looks much better in flesh and fits the AC kit well. Very happy with the results. Sound wise, not too bad at all, very bearable and cabin serenity not affected. Picked wife up and she did not notice. Only when in the basement carpark when I rev the engine did the sound become noticeably loud. Overall, quite pleased with the results although I hope it will not get more noisy over the next few weeks. Overall damage - $1123 at FK.

Re: Sebring exhaust on E60 - my account

Hi Stektan,

Nice mod. may i know which year is your 525i? Is it the 192bhp model?

The Sebring any louder now that it is a week old?

Good deal! Enjoy the Sebring while it lasts...Eisenmann just around the corner....*injecting poison now*....

Hmmm.... Looks exactly the same as my Remus rear box. Only the difference is the tips. Actually, the only difference is the engraving on the tailpipes. Internally, not too sure.

jek;331374 said:
Hi Stektan,

Nice mod. may i know which year is your 525i? Is it the 192bhp model?

The Sebring any louder now that it is a week old?

Ya, mine is the 192 hp stock... :)

Soundwise not getting any louder, in fact, it's a tad softer now and quite pleasant actually. For those who want the deep rumble, the Sebring is probably not it. In fact, a TP was right behind me the oher day for a long stretch but didn;t stop me. Wasted my cert.... :p

keny;331569 said:
Hmmm.... Looks exactly the same as my Remus rear box. Only the difference is the tips. Actually, the only difference is the engraving on the tailpipes. Internally, not too sure.

Ya, apparently, it's from the same factory! But price is +500k different though. FK cliamed Remus is louder with deeper bass, which is good for some people.

i have heard ACS and remus and sebring... they all same..just different branding... they sound the same to me too...

Terry, thats why there are other alternatives such as Eisenmann, Tubi.....

ACS is oem Remus saw one at a workshop with such engravings. so all 1 big family.

Sebring !!
WOOT WOOT !

Basssssssssssy.

Installed a no-brand non-approved quad exhaust on my previous 5er and thought the sound was pretty impressive! It was done by Mike for my Kerscher rear valance ... now want to fit the same rear bumper on my LCI 5er again but dunno which brand of quad exhaust to buy ... Terry recommend pls :)

the eisenmann quad wont be nice for the E60...looks too damn fake especially if you are running M5 or kerscher bumper or worse...Mtech quad diffuser....

i have to say hamann quads will look the least fake due to the pipe extension not from the midpipe section but from the left muffler...

alternative cheaper option will be remus or sebring quads...

both have about the same sounds altho remus has nicer looking tips imho...

gerald...best is do like ur previous E60... the custom muffler ask them cover up the bottom and spray black...cheapest and look teh least fake imho... not the best sounding unless u remove ur left muffler and use 2 ' milo kong ' for both sides

Wahh pro advice Terry !! ..... OK maybe i go get Remus or the Brandless one :) WIll keep you updated ..... :)

$1123 at FK? Whr is the shop ah? Haha. Sry ah nv mod my car b4 :p
Anyway, change the exhaust need wad kinda paper work? Vicom muz check after the change even if its approved by LTA?
What will happen to the warranty?

Feel like changing too!
THKX :D

FK = Fong Kim, you can check the resources links for address. After they do up, they will give you a letter and you need to go VICOM to inspect and they will issue an LTA letter to you in 1-2 days time which you then keep in your car for spotcheck lor.

Ok thankx!
Hmm, if just bring the car down to VICOM n nt the documents can or nt ah?
Can they retrieve the info themself?

cool_sia15;358882 said:
Ok thankx!
Hmm, if just bring the car down to VICOM n nt the documents can or nt ah?
Can they retrieve the info themself?

cannot, u need to go with the papers, and i heard it's quite a long wait...

Also note that there's a time limit, have to get it certified within one month after installing!

I changed to the Sebring too for my e60 LCI, the bassy note in fact gets a bit tamer after 2 weeks! As our brother mentioned, the tone is sporty but yet quite family-friendly(at first got some complaints too from my passengers but was ok after about a week!)

Performance was enhanced too, can feel the air flow being smoother after installing. I did mine at FK too, i felt it's a worthy mod, having to part with slightly above 1k. Had wanted to do it when i first heard it on Herman's ride, heh... anyway Sebring and Remus are all the same make coz Sebring is an OEM by Remus!

I had a slight glitch though, FK did it too protuding at first and tried to pass it off but i have to appear anal and went back to get it rectified. The trick is to get the Sebring wording partly hidden, and while warmed-up after driving the exhaust tip will protrude slightly, showing the brandname and the tip nicely!

Defintely enjoying the ride more now...

Lol MBboy..
U wont regret installing Sebring or Remus...

All same factory... ACS, Sebring and Remus.

Depends on which brand u prefer.

Anyways grats on ur new eannn kong !

WTS Sebring exhaust with official receipt n cert for BMW 520 cheap..pls quote me @ 93836404

Will it fit the 525?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanhtrinhtuoitrevn

Latest posts