Security cameras at HDB multistorey carparks

sierrasg

I returned home today to find that the town council have installed security cameras on every deck of the HDB multistorey carpark where I live (Telok Blangah Heights/Drive area). I thought it was quite unusual.

Either the car crime rate is increasing or there is a new security initiative that I don't know about.

Anyone know of any other HDB multistorey carparks with such cameras?

Alvin.

Re: Security cameras at HDB multistorey carparks

dont be too happy, not sure if u'll see a bill in your letterbox soon...hahaha... but maybe financial yr coming to a close so start spending now...

the placement of some of the cameras isn't well thought out. for example, i've seen some of the HDB MSCP cctv cameras mounted next to a horizontal beam... which naturally obscures their view of huge portions of the carpark. this should have been painfully obvious if someone had bothered to look at the video feeds.

from this i can only surmise that:

1) no one bothers to check the video feeds
2) the cameras are dummies
3) they don't really care

ya...i'll sure be keeping an eye on my S&C bills in the coming months!

I did learn that there were some incidents that led to the camera installations. There were cash card thefts and 2-3 recent cases of parked cars having their front bumper/bonnet area visibly dented by another vehicle.

hi hi...
does it happen to be 57A?
if so we might know why...heh...

The ones at Telok Blangah Drive 57A are real. I saw the guys installing them on the week just before I left for a trip, third week of November. I even asked them to point the cameras at the direction where I usually park my car. According to the Town Council staff, it is on 24 hours recording. Hopefully now no more pray pray.

MapleLeaf said:
The ones at Telok Blangah Drive 57A are real. I saw the guys installing them on the week just before I left for a trip, third week of November. I even asked them to point the cameras at the direction where I usually park my car. According to the Town Council staff, it is on 24 hours recording. Hopefully now no more pray pray.
These cameras might be put to use immediately. Some idiots just tried challenging the system last night. 4 door panels, bonnet, trunk, bumpers are badly scratched. No chance for touch-up. Need to respray the entire car. The police will review the tape over these few days.

MapleLeaf - victim is a fellow forumer, my colleague, your neighbour, black REX.

I just dont understand why anyone would want to do this...seriously...as if the situation before the cameras wasnt bad enough.

so the 57A mscp has got cameras now..what about the 52A one?

Didn't go to Blk 52A to check. If there're cameras, it is visible on the car park ceiling. If not, call the Town Council to have it installed. West Coast Town Council Manager: Mr Jimmy Chua, 6 773 5747. If need further assistance, PM me for TC General Manager's tel contact.

The latest victim at blk 57A is me. Incident occcured in the early hours of 7th December. Barely 2 weeks after the installation of the cctv.

I have reported the case to the police the very morning and I am not-at-all impressed with our police force (I shall not go into the details). It will take them a couple of weeks before they will view the footages of the cctv, that's according to the investigation officer assigned to my case. When I asked the I.O what's my next course of action, I was adviced to go ahead with the respray of my car and he mentioned that such culprits are rather impossible to nab. I applaud his honesty. When I mentioned there are cctvs installed in the car park, he thanked me for highlighting that to him and said he will get back to me in a few weeks time cause he had his hands full with other cases at the moment. What a sleuth.

I just called up my town council enquiring how long are the footages kept before they are 'deleted', officer in charge was not able to provide me an answer. I am exasperated.

I am sorry to hear about your case.

The Police has a centralised feedback unit - try that. May take a while, but they usually come back to you or ask another agency (eg. LTA) to respond to you.

If the police and/or town council is not responsive, you may want to try the press? Examples include the ST forum, photos of the vandalism in STOMP or contact a reporter to do a story.

Your MP or the other agencies' feedback units can also provide some visibility and urgency on the folllow-through.

you do feel for people like mapleleaf...and others whom have been victimised repeatedly...it is infuriating and worrying even after a deterrant has been put in place...

you might not want to escalate the matter too high too fast though...as we have to 'work with' the police/town council after all...it might be too much to highlight it to their superior without giving them a chance to do their job...creating bad blood which we do not want...but then again if they are not doing their job...or 'too slow'...which is always ambigious...in our eyes and theirs...

Yes. I kenna a 3-inch scratch on the rear door and another one on my bonnet over the weekend night. Still fuming about it. Thinking of next step. If I catch the culprit, I really want to TORTURE him/her. I'll bet my life for a two months jail for his ten fingers! I'll make sure he will never be able to hold an object in his hands again. SHIT @#$%&

i am juz wondering...

is there a pattern to it...

like...do you guys do your carwash at the wash area?
park at similar lots?

MapleLeaf;162303 said:
Yes. I kenna a 3-inch scratch on the rear door and another one on my bonnet over the weekend night. Still fuming about it. Thinking of next step. If I catch the culprit, I really want to TORTURE him/her. I'll bet my life for a two months jail for his ten fingers! I'll make sure he will never be able to hold an object in his hands again. SHIT @#$%&

Mapleleaf, haven't you installed some motion triggered SD card recorder type CCTV in your car? Aren't those any good? Did you get any photos of the person in action?

pilotsnoopy;162304 said:
i am juz wondering...

is there a pattern to it...

like...do you guys do your carwash at the wash area?
park at similar lots?

I believe the culprit is a serial scratching green eyed monster. This is not the first time my car was scratched. I guess the same goes for MapleLeaf and a couple of others. The first time it happened was bout 2 years back, it was a deep 5 inch scratch on the bonnet. The 2nd time was bout a year back on the rear fender about 10 inches long but thankfully it wasn't deep and it can be polished away.

I don't do carwash at the car park but I do park at a similar lot almost daily like a lot of people do in our car park. Like what MapleLeaf mentioned, I will make sure he'll forget what his surname is if I ever catch him... I can afford to let him scratch my car multiple times, but he CANNOT afford to let us catch him once.

hippodome said:
I can afford to let him scratch my car multiple times, but he CANNOT afford to let us catch him once.
NNB that's like the stock market talking to investors.......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back