Self intro BMW-320i

BMW-320i

Hi, I was thinking of buying a car, a beemer and was suppose to be searching for details about 320i, came across lots of acronym or specs if u called it, and was wondering what the jargon such as E90, E46...etc were all about....what does these means and how will it affect me, performance, price, and many many...if I were to decide to buy one....hee.did I juz mentioned I'm considering to buy one....Anyway, kind of mixed feelings.....excited that i've finally decided to make a move towards owning my dream car..... On the other hand, buying may means that i have to sacrifice many other hobbies....So...hopefully, I'll could find out more from many experts here to give me advice. Thks in advance....haha.

Re: Self intro BMW-320i

BMW-320i;626025 said:
Hi, I was thinking of buying a car, a beemer and was suppose to be searching for details about 320i, came across lots of acronym or specs if u called it, and was wondering what the jargon such as E90, E46...etc were all about....what does these means and how will it affect me, performance, price, and many many...if I were to decide to buy one....hee.did I juz mentioned I'm considering to buy one....Anyway, kind of mixed feelings.....excited that i've finally decided to make a move towards owning my dream car..... On the other hand, buying may means that i have to sacrifice many other hobbies....So...hopefully, I'll could find out more from many experts here to give me advice. Thks in advance....haha.

Hi BMW-320i,

welcome onboard........
E46 is the previous 3 Series and E90 is the current 3 Series before F30 (coming in 2012 i think).......

cheers

BMW-320i;626025 said:
Robot said this is my good friend, List of BMW vehicles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome BMW-320.
davidtch has given you a good link, he is one of the most helpful one in this forum.

As long as you don't ask why your bimmer is different from a Jap car :p

hi welcome....
dont worry, you are not alone....
after owning a 318i for a month, i am still learning the 'jargons' .... but i must say, this site has taught me many things i need to know about owning a beemer....
and very poisonous too.... those mods... haha

cheers

ac323;626050 said:
Hi BMW-320i,

welcome onboard........
E46 is the previous 3 Series and E90 is the current 3 Series before F30 (coming in 2012 i think).......

cheers

Hi ac323, so if I were to get Beamer around year 05 or 06, that would be an E46, right? Thanks anyway.
Cheers!

uncle_catz;626230 said:
hi welcome....
dont worry, you are not alone....
after owning a 318i for a month, i am still learning the 'jargons' .... but i must say, this site has taught me many things i need to know about owning a beemer....
and very poisonous too.... those mods... haha

cheers

Thks uncle_catz, thks! so how is your rides so far?

C3P0;626126 said:
Welcome BMW-320.
davidtch has given you a good link, he is one of the most helpful one in this forum.

As long as you don't ask why your bimmer is different from a Jap car :p

Hi C3P0, thks 4 reminding.hee.Actually I'm more interested in finding out how good is 320i to some of u guys driving it out there...

BMW-320i;626280 said:
Hi ac323, so if I were to get Beamer around year 05 or 06, that would be an E46, right? Thanks anyway.
Cheers!

Hi and Welcome. That should be a E90...the current generation of 3 Series. However, you should be able to get a pretty good price on a old E46 though. I think they look great even though they are one generation old.

Hi and Welcome. That should be a E90...the current generation of 3 Series. However, you should be able to get a pretty good price on a old E46 though. I think they look great even though they are one generation old.

niteblu's ride is awesome..............

* i think on sale.........
cheers

BMW-320i;626280 said:
Cheers!

05 and 06 should be E90 already..................

cheers

Need another advice, which will u choose between the following two 320i end 2005,
1. One owner only but high mileage, over 130k km.
2. Two owner or more but low or reasonable mileage such as 80k km.

Hi, are u referring to the esthetic only or the performance also? Kind of cannot decide cos not sure how well 320i power....although not going for high power (otherwise will get Audi A4 1.8T) but at least reasonably good...also the ride comfort, noise level when accelerating...etc

Anyway, if the generation is too old, afraid of problem or high price to get replacement....also higher chances of major servicing?

BMW-320i;626025 said:

Hi and welcome ........ you are going to enjoy the rides if you get the 320i.

Any advice, what could be the worst it could happen when buying a pre-own 320i especially it's 5 yr old and high mileage?...anyone have valuable experiences to share?...

Red_Bean_Bun;626303 said:
Hi and welcome ........ you are going to enjoy the rides if you get the 320i.

Hi, thks! I presumed u r driving one?!....glad to hear that.

BMW-320i;626308 said:
Any advice, what could be the worst it could happen when buying a pre-own 320i especially it's 5 yr old and high mileage?...anyone have valuable experiences to share?...

High mileage ride only worried on the gear box, other than that, the usual wear and tear is unavoidable.........

cheers

BMW-320i;626312 said:
Hi, thks! I presumed u r driving one?!....glad to hear that.

Red BB is driving a Zipping 4

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
by88zme

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back