Serious accident = license suspended

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Motorists beware

MOTORISTS involved in serious traffic accidents may soon have their driving licences suspended immediately.

The Bill tabled in Parliament on Monday by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Wong Kan Seng will bring that prospect to pass.

The Act currently states that the licences of drivers involved in accidents that result in serious injury or damage to public property will be suspended only after the driver has been formally charged in court.

The proposed amendment will give the Traffic Police the authority to immediately suspend the licences of drivers undergoing police investigation, if they are deemed to be a danger to other road users.

The Bill, which Parliament will debate at its next sitting, will also place illegally or dangerously parked vehicles under the jurisdiction of the Land Transport Authority, instead of the Traffic Police.

- i think although it somehow sounds right... i have a bad feeling about this....
:woottt: -> :errr: :fineprin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Serious accident = license suspended

Usually shit doesn't happen unless under high speed, not concentrating due to using mobile phones etc.

The only minus points is when you have people jaywalking and them running into your car and killing themselves in the process.

ryan;567742 said:
the only minus points is when you have people jaywalking and them running into your car and killing themselves in the process.

+1 .

ryan;567742 said:
Usually shit doesn't happen unless under high speed, not concentrating due to using mobile phones etc.

The only minus points is when you have people jaywalking and them running into your car and killing themselves in the process.

Why don't the parliment ban all this jaywalker from walking on the road? Causing danger to ALL road user!!! Laws protect the pedestrains too much. And those motorcyclist who like to squeeze in between vehicles or lanes....

well, its kinda grey area....might help in the case of reckless drivers but for unfortunate ppl who sway sway got involved in an accident, not being able to drive indefinitely will somehow affect their lives or even livelihood.

today one auntie jaywalker stop my car like a traffic police & hold back a long queue at Ubi Road just to cross few steps away from traffic junction...

Mockngbrd;567726 said:
Motorists beware

The proposed amendment will give the Traffic Police the authority to immediately suspend the licences of drivers undergoing police investigation, if they are deemed to be a danger to other road users.

- i think although it somehow sounds right... i have a bad feeling about this....
:woottt: -> :errr: :fineprin:
On the contrary I think it doesn't sound right. If investigations are still ongoing, how can TP conclude that one is dangerous?? If they have already come to a conclusion that one is a danger on the road then what is the point of an investigation?

Mockngbrd;567726 said:
Motorists beware

MOTORISTS involved in serious traffic accidents may soon have their driving licences suspended immediately.

The Bill tabled in Parliament on Monday by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Wong Kan Seng will bring that prospect to pass.

Wow! that's a very tough law thot it seems right....

drive slowly and cautiously.. nothing will go wrong.. :laughlik:

WRONG!!!! all u need is just another reckless, lousy or distracted driver and BAM!!!...no matter how cautious u ah

dantito;567828 said:
drive slowly and cautiously.. nothing will go wrong.. :laughlik:

i read somewhere before that a good boss will focus on your strength and not try to work your weakness...

they can consider to apply the same mentioned analogy to reward drivers with good track records...

yes, that reward is an increasing insurance premium every year.

I've had teenagers walking in the middle of a 4 lane road...
showing me fingers.
daring me to knock them down.

what would you do?

niteblu;567910 said:
I've had teenagers walking in the middle of a 4 lane road...
showing me fingers.
daring me to knock them down.

what would you do?

park ur car.... ( dont stop by roadside later tio charge for road rage )

walk to him and go fist to fist...

first time at most tio fine

Terry;567914 said:
park ur car.... ( dont stop by roadside later tio charge for road rage )

walk to him and go fist to fist...

first time at most tio fine

unfortunately, as much as i try to banish the ungodly thought.
sometimes i'm tempted to go car bowling...

but of course.
pedestrian always wins. (even from inside the coffin)

there was an ad in Recruit last Sat for LTA enforcement officers...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back