Service Indicator at 7200 Km?

dsdfan

My car has clocked about 7200 km and the service indicator has popped up, suggesting service is due after the car travels another 1500 km.

This suggests I have to service the car when it clocks 8700 Km. Isn't the first servicing supposed to be at 12,000 km?

Is there a reason for this?

The indicator also recommends the next service to be in June 2009. My mileage would be about 18000 km by then. Which instruction should I follow?

Re: Service Indicator at 7200 Km?

12000km is an indicative number. However depnding on the driving habits and style of the driver, the car may need to be serviced prematurely. Seems like the previous owner really gun the car good?

Yup, its only an indication. The service interval light will come on depending on the way u drive the car. The harder u drive it, the earlier the service interval light would come on.

time to go gentle dude "mai race liao"

I've always felt BMW engines love a good revving. When roaring so joyfully, they seem to be "asking for more" .

Perhaps this is the car's way of saying "don't work me too hard."

Thanks, Slater & Azriel Sc. If I drive in a tamer fashion from now on do you think the OBC might "rebate" me a few hundred extra kilometers of driving before the next service?!

I doubt it. The service indicator cannot be reset can it?

dsdfan;412991 said:
Thanks, Slater & Azriel Sc. If I drive in a tamer fashion from now on do you think the OBC might "rebate" me a few hundred extra kilometers of driving before the next service?!

It will not "rebate" but if u drive sedately, the drop could be slower. :)

Slater;413029 said:
I doubt it. The service indicator cannot be reset can it?

It can be reset. Most of the workshops listed in our workshop page have that function.

Azrielsc;413032 said:
It will not "rebate" but if u drive sedately, the drop could be slower. :)

It can be reset. Most of the workshops listed in our workshop page have that function.
Resetting the meter only removes the visual warning.....does not change the fact that the wear has been inflicted on the 325, which now requires some much needed TLC

dsdfan;412823 said:
My car has clocked about 7200 km and the service indicator has popped up, suggesting service is due after the car travels another 1500 km.

This suggests I have to service the car when it clocks 8700 Km. Isn't the first servicing supposed to be at 12,000 km?

Is there a reason for this?

The indicator also recommends the next service to be in June 2009. My mileage would be about 18000 km by then. Which instruction should I follow?

Hmm maybe yours is the inline 6 engine, cos mine a 320i, went up to ard 18k km before the OBC prompted me for service, I had did some spirited driving but still it went up to 18k before it prompted. My default service interval is 12,000km too. :)

delrosa81;413265 said:
Hmm maybe yours is the inline 6 engine, cos mine a 320i, went up to ard 18k km before the OBC prompted me for service, I had did some spirited driving but still it went up to 18k before it prompted. My default service interval is 12,000km too. :)

No lah... its the way u drive! :)

Hi all,

My service will also be due soon. First time doing servicing at PML. Any idea how much it will cost? My mileage is coming to12K.

Will it be more economical if I bring my own oil? Anyone has any good lobang for the oil?

Well it depends, what does your OBC say needs to be serviced? You can ask the service technician for a quote before you commit.

Azrielsc;413310 said:
No lah... its the way u drive! :)

Im thinking whether my car loves me or not, reason being I drive it gently but then I use the oil for too long liao kekekeke :lol2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hot789scom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back