Service Mileage Indicator

faiflies

Hi guys..new owner to the FL e90 and I'm curious about couple o stuff...

1. Does the Service mileage indicator vary according to driving stlye?

I remembered when i first collected... i recalled 11000km for first servicing...

2nd month... 100000km.... and 3rd month... 9000km...

2. When am I suppose to service? 10000km or via the Indicators?

3. How much does servicing costs? is there anywhere I can find a price list for servicin my FL e90?

Cheers!

Re: Service Mileage Indicator

faiflies;496565 said:
Hi guys..new owner to the FL e90 and I'm curious about couple o stuff...

1. Does the Service mileage indicator vary according to driving stlye?

I remembered when i first collected... i recalled 11000km for first servicing...

2nd month... 100000km.... and 3rd month... 9000km...

2. When am I suppose to service? 10000km or via the Indicators?

3. How much does servicing costs? is there anywhere I can find a price list for servicin my FL e90?

Cheers!

yes it does. but judging from the 1000km reduction each month, its nothing more than the distance you travelled and naturally will be subtracted from ur original 11000km.

When the service indicator comes on is fine.

1st 10000km service cost $280 assuming nothing extra like steering fluid needed.

if you drive hiong or have high % of start stop city driving then the indicator will drop faster and you have to service earlier.

thanks for your prompt reply..

if i understand you correctly... if it reads 9000km now.. i'll have to service the car at 9000km instead of 10000km...and i can also further expect for it to reduce further thus making my servicing even earlier in the coming months ahead...haiz...

thanks again for your input

Cheers!

faiflies;496707 said:
thanks for your prompt reply..

if i understand you correctly... if it reads 9000km now.. i'll have to service the car at 9000km instead of 10000km...and i can also further expect for it to reduce further thus making my servicing even earlier in the coming months ahead...haiz...

thanks again for your input

Cheers!
i think it is more like a countdown thingy... it indicates the remaining distance you can travel before servicing... ie now u can go another 9000km...

hi guys,

sorry if it sounds stupid...I am into my 600+km mileage, and I am not able to find or to see the KM to service indicator...the SE tells me it will shows brieftly whenever I start the engine, but I am still not able to see it....anyone can help? Thanks.

Merlin_sg;496784 said:
hi guys,

sorry if it sounds stupid...I am into my 600+km mileage, and I am not able to find or to see the KM to service indicator...the SE tells me it will shows brieftly whenever I start the engine, but I am still not able to see it....anyone can help? Thanks.
ur SE is bullshitting u. u have to use the left control stick and flick the button on the surface of the stick untill u see SERVICE. push the button on the left edge of the tick to see how many km to go b4 ur service.

Slater;496809 said:
ur SE is bullshitting u. u have to use the left control stick and flick the button on the surface of the stick untill u see SERVICE. push the button on the left edge of the tick to see how many km to go b4 ur service.

Thanks Slater :D

actually the SE is correct. I can see it when i on my engine in my E60. Its v brief. But slater is also correct. You can check manually as well.

kwekeroo;498156 said:
actually the SE is correct. I can see it when i on my engine in my E60. Its v brief. But slater is also correct. You can check manually as well.
pob is it does not show every time when u start ur engine. have only seen it come up a handful of times after driving for 1 and a half yrs. is there a set method to get it to show everytime?

The service interval countdown is based on fuel usage. It is not based on exact distance travelled. BMW has set in a pre-determined fuel usage planning norm and based on this norm, it shows you a guestimated number of miles left before the next service.

So if you drive very hard, the mileage left goes down faster.

Cheers

thanks for your input..

so what's an "average" countdown reading like? 500km/mth? 1000km/mth? 1500km/mth? etc?

just curious... i get around 1000km/mth... so is that considered "hard" driving?

regards,
fm

Sorry just a quick question. Just realised my service indicator is showing -190 this morning when I do a random check.
1) how come no warning signal or light up, is that normal?
2) can I still drive to KL than do svcs after? Since SE advise me to book for svcs 2 weeks in advance.
3) or can I just drive in let them Svcs?

coolman;498820 said:
Sorry just a quick question. Just realised my service indicator is showing -190 this morning when I do a random check.
1) how come no warning signal or light up, is that normal?
2) can I still drive to KL than do svcs after? Since SE advise me to book for svcs 2 weeks in advance.
3) or can I just drive in let them Svcs?
it prob showed up along they way when it was more than 190km, u might not have noticed. not necessary to service 2 weeks before it goes to zero, just wanna be safe that all. but also dun drag to look before bringing it in for service.

Hi Coolman... I am sending mine in for Servicing this Sat.. If you are not planning to Head up north... let me know... We can maybe meet at Alex for Breakfast and get your GPS updated...

Soonster;498843 said:
Hi Coolman... I am sending mine in for Servicing this Sat.. If you are not planning to Head up north... let me know... We can maybe meet at Alex for Breakfast and get your GPS updated...
hi bro got ur txt msg. pls check pm.

Tnks bro Slater for advise, will keep a look out for the warning again.

Bro Soonster, paisei me heading up tonite liao. See u next Tue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gratitude
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back