Servicing at PML or other workshops?

adriantn

Hey bros,
my ride is popping the first "servicing" flag... Should i go to PML or any other workshops? Any differences? Any advice are welcome.

Thanks!

Re: Servicing at PML or other workshops?

adriantn;488564 said:
Hey bros,
my ride is popping the first "servicing" flag... Should i go to PML or any other workshops? Any differences? Any advice are welcome.

Thanks!

Hi Adrian,

if your ride is till under warranty then go PML..........if not otherwise you may click on the workshop & helps section to check out workshop that you can go for servicing..........

cheers

ur ride is new and under warranty yeah? service under pml till ur warranty is over.goin to outside workshop risk losing pml warranty and u will not have warranty with outside workshops too unless u purchase new warranty from them. but what for?

So Far which is the better recomm workshop if our ride is more than 3yrs.. btw usual charges? and wat common engine oil used? :dance:

adriantn;488740 said:
Thanks Bro ac and slater!
finish ur 3 years than go get warranty ffrom Juzz for Cars or soemthing.

just go to outside workshop..nv service at PML doesnt mean warranty gone... and u can save alot of money by servicing outside PML... personally i ONLY go back to PML when i need to claim warranty... servicing is always outside

That is what i heard as well.....what is the price difference usually for oil change? A bro talked about $1 additional fee for water topup which is quite money-minded by pml :p

Terry;488757 said:
just go to outside workshop..nv service at PML doesnt mean warranty gone... and u can save alot of money by servicing outside PML... personally i ONLY go back to PML when i need to claim warranty... servicing is always outside

Warranty claim at pml can be tricky.. And to be honest no such thing as warranty void.. I came with a car that they cannot even jack up coz its too low.. And suspension described as bone breaking by my csa.. But I still be able to claim undercarriage warranty by pml..

Its all about consumer relation.. They don't let idiots claim.. But if u know what u r talking about and u know ur csa well enuff its no problem..

Unless u want to claim some warranty that is not covered in 3 years.. For eg.. Interior parts some are only 1 year warranty or 2 years.. Like leather dashboards and stuff..

Full details or what is covered in the 1st 2nd and 3rd year is listed in the warranty booklet by pml which was written by bmw AG.. They can't lie..

And btw servicing outside like bvo.. J4c and boss.. They are cheaper than pml.. Takes faster time and more flexible also

Thanks Terry.... i was told eventually by my service engineer that the service flag was just a notification. This is a countdown till my mileage reach 11k.

And after a brief survey for motor oil and air filter servicing cost, there is a $200 difference, ie. almost 80-90% cheaper compared to pml.

Terry;488788 said:
And btw servicing outside like bvo.. J4c and boss.. They are cheaper than pml.. Takes faster time and more flexible also

adriantn;488979 said:
Thanks Terry.... i was told eventually by my service engineer that the service flag was just a notification. This is a countdown till my mileage reach 11k.

And after a brief survey for motor oil and air filter servicing cost, there is a $200 difference, ie. almost 80-90% cheaper compared to pml.
just curious on charges outside PML.

1st service charged by PML is $280. Price diff of $200 means $80 for servicing??

slater...i will pm u.

Slater;489000 said:
just curious on charges outside PML.

1st service charged by PML is $280. Price diff of $200 means $80 for servicing??

adriantn;489036 said:
slater...i will pm u.
thanks.

have responded. pls check PM

Damalu service at least $90. Room and lubber not included somemore.

Don't think got $80 servicing la.... :)

Any one can recommend a good servicing centre besides Pml. Can pm me as warrenty over. Thanks.

Just had 3rd oil change service at PML at S$265 (6.7l of Castrol SLX plus oil filter). Car still under warranty.

My advice is, if car under warranty, service at PML even if prices are steeper. Especially if you need help with the iDrive. Ask if there is an iDrive firmware update for your car before you send it in. I always do that to decide which way to go. After warranty expire, choices aplenty.

Other than the firmware updates, there's absolutely no difference getting it done elsewhere versus PML. Seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunamaharani
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back